Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Gentry, TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The only thing I can make out of this pick is he hasn't grown into his body yet.
    JJ was a similar pick.

I'm thinking the Steelers draft philosophy is to find developmental projects on Day 3....they don't expect anyone to contribute much yr. 1
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    First pick I hate.
    just read a scouting report on Gentry that said: "should be in an NFL training camp." sounds promising

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah, slow, raw and tall. With Warring on the board this was a massive swing and miss.
    Heís not slow. He runs quite well
    At 265 actually. He will
    Add 10 pounds easy. A
    Project with upside. New to
    The position mostly. Iíd rather take a guy like this in the 5th round, with greater upside, over some of the others closer to their ceiling. Iím
    Warming up to This pick.

Backup

User Info Menu

Wasted pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Well...We added Neldon, Layne, and in a way Barron...So it was addressed, Not neglected imo
    Thatís what I mean; other then Layne, Tomlin feels good about the secondary.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Weak ... slow ... suspect hands. But he's tall.

I'm thinking Colbert and Co. wanted Moreau (who went just a few picks earlier) and when they couldn't get him they panicked.

Shoulda kept Bucky.

Starter

User Info Menu

The guy was a QB in HS and entered college as a QB; TE was a new position for him. This is the 5th round, not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why would they panic? Tight ends will be available one way or another. This kid is not “weak” and if he adds 10 pounds of muscle, which he can do easily, he won’t have to be fast at 6’ 8”, 275. Also he’s still a relative newcomer to the position. You have no idea what his upside is.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not against the pick but we couldn't get him in the 6th? Oruwariye Penn St corner still on the board. Was on the board then got selected a few picks later. It's not just who it's value too. Lets hope this JJ replacement pans out.

Lets go D the rest of the way I'll feel better!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    I'm not against the pick but we couldn't get him in the 6th? Oruwariye Penn St corner still on the board. Was on the board then got selected a few picks later. It's not just who it's value too. Lets hope this JJ replacement pans out.

Lets go D the rest of the way I'll feel better!!!!
    Exactly.......
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.