Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Gentry, TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if McDonald goes down with an injury this team is in deep doodoo at the TE position

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Another Matt Kranchick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Overall draft indicates Colbert/Tomlin's mindset for the future of this team. They're not too concerned about getting more pressure on the opposing QB, nor are they worried about having a true center-fielder in the defensive backfield. On offense, indications are it's gonna be an even wider-open passing attack than it has been.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah, slow, raw and tall. With Warring on the board this was a massive swing and miss.
    Warring was drafted in the 3rd round by the Texans,

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, slow, raw and tall. With Warring on the board this was a massive swing and miss.
    I don’t know what Colbert is seeing.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Overall draft indicates Colbert/Tomlin's mindset for the future of this team. They're not too concerned about getting more pressure on the opposing QB, nor are they worried about having a true center-fielder in the defensive backfield. On offense, indications are it's gonna be an even wider-open passing attack than it has been.
    This tells me that Tomlin is for the most part satisfied in the secondary.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    Warring was drafted in the 3rd round by the Texans,
    My bad didn't see that. Still a horrific pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I don’t know what Colbert is seeing.
    Replacement for JJ because Ben likes tall. He is a poor man's JJ who wasn't good.

Backup

User Info Menu

My bad didn't see that. Still a horrific pick.
    I agree with you there. This might be by least favorite Steeler's draft ever.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    This tells me that Tomlin is for the most part satisfied in the secondary.
    Well...We added Neldon, Layne, and in a way Barron...So it was addressed, Not neglected imo