Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Yess!!! Take that number and make it your own!
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Backup

User Info Menu

Yesterday, I ate at a Bob Evans south of Columbus, OH. The waitress saw my Steelers jersey and mentioned she went to high school with Lev Bell. Her husband is a diehard Steelers fan and didn't know that about her until she showed him her high school year book with their pictures in it. When asked about Bell in high school, she said "I didn't know him well at all but he was always polite."

Legend

User Info Menu

It wasn’t so much politeness as it was him being high.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And north...nothing wrong with being erect. I mean I'm 45 soooo, that seems like a really good thing now a days.
    :.... as I was typing it I knew I was setting myself up for it..

Legend

User Info Menu

. O, how about this...it’s awesome to like a pick. It’s great to root for your team. But how about not being an arrogant condescending prick when someone doesn’t like a pick. Deal?
    Well name calling aside what you see as condescending i see as addressing negativity with negativity. Anyone can choose to see everything as a negative. I choose to emphasize the positive. That may bother you but thats my opinion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Well name calling aside what you see as condescending i see as addressing negativity with negativity. Anyone can choose to see everything as a negative. I choose to emphasize the positive. That may bother you but thats my opinion.
    It bothers me that you don't allow anyone to have an opinion that isn't positive about the Steelers. But, hey O...you do you.

Legend

User Info Menu

It bothers me that you don't allow anyone to have an opinion that isn't positive about the Steelers. But, hey O...you do you.
    People will state their opinion regardless of who doesn't like it. Gotta fight through all these people who try to control what other people say. If you feel you have to control what other people say, you need to look in the mirror.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

I always have and I'm POSITIVE I will continue to do so

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm late to the party, but, other than the "trade up to fill a need", this was my favorite draft moment of 2019...

As the resident, "self proclaimed best RB evaluator on the board", I'm more sold on Snell performing to par with draft location than i am Bush, to be honest. And that's not a knock on Bush, who i think will be damn good... but, Snells' desire to win (and improve himself as a player) are off the charts and he'll prove more than worthy of a 3rd round selection. Those who don't like this selection, WILL like before the preseason is over.

Having said that, where he was selected tells me a couple of things. Taking him in 3rd tells me that 1) don't feel like Jaylen Samuels is a good enough every-down replacement for Conner, should he have another injury which, and 2) taking him in the 3rd makes clear that there is concern for Conner's injury history and the team is preparing itself

As a side note - At that draft position, if you go with "quick", you have Samuels AND a scatback... both, pass receivers, but, neither really an every down back. They wanted another every down back...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!