Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky

Legend

User Info Menu

This is a good pick at the right round in the draft. Will give us excellent depth at RB and will push Samuels and be insurance for Conner injury

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    Did anyone see the 2019 Citrus Bowl this year. This kid pounded Penn State into submission in the 4th quarter. I remember thinking man this looks like the Bus. This is what the Steelers need.
    Yep...watch the game. This kid has burst and is tough to bring down. Good pick

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
    Not a big fan. A poor manís Redman.
    I tend to think of that saying going like "poor man's <insert something really good>". Like "a poor man's Big Ben".

Seems to me like a poor man's Redman wouldn't even be in the league...but maybe that's what you mean?

Legend

User Info Menu

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
    I donít care Where they played. Iím looking at what I see. Both tough and strong. Both tight, slow, and lacking power. Similar weight and build. A comparison is easy to draw. But he will
    battle.
    Itís funny. I read an article where Jimbo Fisher compared Snell to Emmitt Smith so I guess it all depends on whoís watching the tape.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Good one!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ahhh, but what does Jimbo Fisher know?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Hilarious......
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I only got a few glimpses of Kentucky football and I remember Snell Jr well. The dude is a load to bring down. Slow as molasses but true smash mouth football between the tackles. The guy was searching for contact at times.

Backup

User Info Menu

As my name says I'm from Kentucky. I have watched every game this kid has played in for the last two years, we got a steal! You people will be surprised by what he can do.
    Snell will not go down on first contact and is a 3rd and 1 shoe in for a first down. Do not forget he played in the SEC! I was calling for a back up to Conner. Steelers got the man who can carry the load if Conner goes down.