Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
    Not a big fan. A poor man’s Redman.
    That’s the way I see him too.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
    Not a big fan. A poor manís Redman.
    Isaac Redman played at Division 2 Bowie State. Snell played in the SEC and rushed for more than a 1,000 yards every season for 3 years including almost 1,500 yards his senior season. Thereís no comparison to Redman, at least not at this point in time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Isaac Redman played at Division 2 Bowie State. Snell played in the SEC and rushed for more than a 1,000 yards every season for 3 years including almost 1,500 yards his senior season. There’s no comparison to Redman, at least not at this point in time.
    He meant in the way he’ll produce and fit in as a pro.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nah, he meant what he said.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Thatís the way I see him too.
    ever watch him play? he's really good

Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 04-27-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm going to be really honest, I like Snell's tape more than Conners when he came out. I admittedly was on the fence with Conner. Snell looks to be the superior back. The dude is a force. But, I'm a sucker for a true physical RB. He has some surprising suddeness and vision. His bounce is superb. Very little top end speed but enough quickness to hit all the gaps. I expect him to have injury issues on the next level because he loves to bang helmets. Dude is a Steeler. This will be a serious battle in camp I expect Conner to win. But, if Conner goes down, I expect Snell to pick up the slack and excel. Is he a franchise back? No. But, Between him and Conner our running game will be stout.
    Last edited by Shawn; 04-27-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Isaac Redman played at Division 2 Bowie State. Snell played in the SEC and rushed for more than a 1,000 yards every season for 3 years including almost 1,500 yards his senior season. Thereís no comparison to Redman, at least not at this point in time.
    I donít care Where they played. Iím looking at what I see. Both tough and strong. Both tight, slow, and lacking power. Similar weight and build. A comparison is easy to draw. But he will
    battle.
    Last edited by dreegking; 04-27-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can only look forward to the second wave of free agency now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh woe, oh woe, oh woe is yinz.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Did anyone see the 2019 Citrus Bowl this year. This kid pounded Penn State into submission in the 4th quarter. I remember thinking man this looks like the Bus. This is what the Steelers need.