Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Planned or coincidence? The real reason for the Johnson Pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Nonetheless, I have to think that both Rogers and Switzer are a little nervous about this pick.
    They should be. Let the competition begin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    I thought why would the Steelers let "Stonio" Holmes announce their pick. Think about it, who did we get with the comp pick for Holmes, none other than AB. An unknown from the MAC. So with the comp pick for AB we use Holmes to announce Johnson another unknown from the MAC. Does this not sound like Art Rooney saying "up yours crybaby".
    ummmm no, it doesn't sound like that at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Good question. Unless we dump both Switzer and Rogers, it's hard for me to see him getting much of an opportunity. Right now we have JuJu, Washington, Moncrief, Switzer, Rogers, Hey-Bey. Maybe Johnson takes DHB's place, and mainly plays STs?
    Darrius Heyward-Bey is currently an unrestricted free agent. His contract (and Justin Hunter's, for that matter) expired at the end of last season, and he is not on the Steelers roster now. AB, DHB, and Hunter are gone, while Donte Moncrief and Dionte Johnson were added. We should keep 6 WR on our final roster: Juju, Moncrief, Washington, Rogers, Switzer, and Johnson.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good question. Unless we dump both Switzer and Rogers, it's hard for me to see him getting much of an opportunity. Right now we have JuJu, Washington, Moncrief, Switzer, Rogers, Hey-Bey. Maybe Johnson takes DHB's place, and mainly plays STs?
    I think that’s a good bet. I’m not a DHB fan and it’s time for an upgrade. I like both Switzer and Rogers. Who knows, this cat may show us something. Many people in the know seem to love the guy. Gem who got overlooked by online scouts? Possibly. The FO seems to bat 50/50 with these kinds of picks. Will make for an interesting camp.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

DHB is not on the roster according to steelers.com. My projection right now would be Juju, Washington, Moncrief, Switzer, Johnson. If they keep 6 it could be rogers, or any of the other 6 they have on the roster right now.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

20 S DARNELL SAVAGE MARYLAND
    52 OLB CHASE WINOWICH MICHIGAN
    66 WR MYLES BOYKIN NOTRE DAME
    84 RB JUSTICE HILL OKLAHOMA ST.
    123 ILB DAVID LONG JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    142 OLB MAXX CROSBY E. MICHIGAN
    176 WR GARY JENNINGS JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    194 DL DANIEL WISE KANSAS
    209 TE TREVON WESCO WEST VIRGINIA
    221K MATT GAY UTAH

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They should be. Let the competition begin
    Johnson plays the X. Rogers and Switzer are Slots. Shouldn't be that worried.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

221K MATT GAY UTAH

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    DHB is not on the roster according to steelers.com. My projection right now would be Juju, Washington, Moncrief, Switzer, Johnson. If they keep 6 it could be rogers, or any of the other 6 they have on the roster right now.
    I honestly do not know who would win out between Switzer and Rogers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I honestly do not know who would win out between Switzer and Rogers.
    I think Rodgers is a better receiver if you take away Switzers return ability Rodgers becomes the clear choice in my opinion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Johnson plays the X. Rogers and Switzer are Slots. Shouldn't be that worried.
    Then your saying Washington is in trouble?
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Then your saying Washington is in trouble?
    For possible playing time, sure. For a roster spot? No, not at all. Johnson repaces AB, Moncreif replaces DHB. Same amount of receivers this year as last year.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

221K MATT GAY UTAH