Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Planned or coincidence? The real reason for the Johnson Pick.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Planned or coincidence? The real reason for the Johnson Pick.

I thought why would the Steelers let "Stonio" Holmes announce their pick. Think about it, who did we get with the comp pick for Holmes, none other than AB. An unknown from the MAC. So with the comp pick for AB we use Holmes to announce Johnson another unknown from the MAC. Does this not sound like Art Rooney saying "up yours crybaby", we will replace you in a heartbeat. Art enjoyed his Iron City last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's coincidence and Johnson was just the WR Mike T found and we ended up liking a lot.

Legend

User Info Menu

I really hope he pans out but when and where will he get that chance? That’s my question.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I really hope he pans out but when and where will he get that chance? That’s my question.
    Good question. Unless we dump both Switzer and Rogers, it's hard for me to see him getting much of an opportunity. Right now we have JuJu, Washington, Moncrief, Switzer, Rogers, Hey-Bey. Maybe Johnson takes DHB's place, and mainly plays STs?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nonetheless, I have to think that both Rogers and Switzer are a little nervous about this pick.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Good question. Unless we dump both Switzer and Rogers, it's hard for me to see him getting much of an opportunity. Right now we have JuJu, Washington, Moncrief, Switzer, Rogers, Hey-Bey. Maybe Johnson takes DHB's place, and mainly plays STs?
    I would think...Johnson could / should take either one of DBH, Rodgers, or Switzer...Why you think Switzer has been kissing Big Bens Ass all offseason
    Last edited by Disco1981; 04-27-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Switzer has to be especially nervous because this guy could take his return duties too. We used Switzer a lot last season on offense throwing him screens and handing him the ball and a lot of underneath stuff, he really wasn't that impactful I think Johnson could bump him out of that role altogether.

Legend

User Info Menu

Based on where Johnson was taken, he has to take that spot doesn’t he? Let’s package Switzer up and move him.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Based on where Johnson was taken, he has to take that spot doesn’t he? Let’s package Switzer up and move him.
    Switzer's trade value has to be about nil right now, what with all the WR talent that came through this draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Switzer's trade value has to be about nil right now, what with all the WR talent that came through this draft.
    Good point. But someone who didn’t address their slot position the way they though they would may have interest.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN