Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers take CB Justin Lane in the 3rd

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Well, that's probably for the best. Nelson can get all the reps and settle in. Just in theory, it sure feels good to have a guy in the wings that you feel has actual potential.
    This is in line with what Colbert was saying before the draft about not having the rookies start being optimal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    This is in line with what Colbert was saying before the draft about not having the rookies start being optimal.
    Sounds great; I can't wait.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Colbert was talking good things about Layne on Sirius this afternoon....
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I think they have a well thought out strategy to get the players on the field when they prove ready even in their rookie year. Look at Edmunds last year and Watt the year before that

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think they have a well thought out strategy to get the players on the field when they prove ready even in their rookie year. Look at Edmunds last year and Watt the year before that
    I'm anxious to see Edmunds this year. I'm looking for him to take the next step.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Didn't realize this but Layne went to Mich St as a WR and made the switch half way through his true freshman year. So we know he has hands and his potential is huge since he only played the position for 2.5 years.
    To the contrary, if he had hands, he'd have stayed at WR.

As Bradshaw once said when asked whether he was going to challenge a particular corner: "Yes, I will. If those guys could catch, they'd be receivers."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Maybe. I kind of understood guys like Ike Taylor to have ball skills and guys like Polamalu to be a ballhawk. I'm sure there is overlap, and maybe I don't get it. Anyway, Layne is not a ballhawk by any measure, and it bothers me since we had dismal interception total last year.
    I agree with Ike having ball skills but not being a ball hawk. He was usually in position, was able to track the ball in the air, and make a play on it, he just could not catch the ball if somebody handed it to him.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think ball skills lend to ballhawk skills. Regardless, we are gonna see hard competition in camp and hopefully we can get a great backend out of this secondary.
    So is this ballhawk or ball skills??.. I'm confused:

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm anxious to see Edmunds this year. I'm looking for him to take the next step.
    But I thought any first round DB pick by the Colbert/Tomlin duo was predestined to be a hopeless failure?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So is this ballhawk or ball skills??.. I'm confused:

Hahaha... some of both!!!!

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN