Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Take WR Diontae Johnson

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

You raise a valid example or two. He ain’t them. They were speedsters who they hoped could become receivers. Drafted instead for return abilities and to transition Brown from doing that job. Totally different. He’s drafted to be a receiver who can return. And get shared duties in the return game. That’s my position. He’s rec first.
    Last edited by dreegking; 04-27-2019 at 04:21 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

dumb pick

dumb coaches

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    It's not that they don't know how to draft after the 1st round. It's hubris.

I have often felt they are so enamored with their own genius, in this case finding those "MAC" gems that somehow will become the next big thing.

I am kind of tired of the Colbert/Tomlin brain trust because every year they do something like this...

Remember the Long Snapper a few years back that they could've picked up as an post draft signing?

It just gets old...

brothervad
    A pretty solid long snapper in the league. There error was underestimating the growth of who they already had. At least they donít fear acknowledging that.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    Steelbucks,

I am not one to call him a bust and yes I hope he has the skills of brown and the heart/head of Larry Fitzgerald (ok he can have his skills as well )...

But this is a little frustrating to see year in, year out.

brothervad
    You do not follow other teams too good. They all do it. SI? CBS? ESPN? Some of their big board stuff is horrible every year. LOL. How well would their big boards and mock drafts have turned out every year for the Steelers? This is all kinda funny here. I need to visit this sight more often.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    My question is, how could they, and apparently they alone, have this guy ranked ahead of not only all other remaining WRs, but all other remaining players? Like, this **** of 'this guy can do a lot of things, can help in special teams, etc' makes sense for a 5th rd pick. Not an early 3rd. Yet they do it every year, and it literally never works.
    Never? LOL. I heard the same about a first round Safety projected for the third round last year. And he turned out quite well for a rookie to be honest. And was a starter that could not be replaced by a productive league vet and former seasoned vet once he himself was seasoned. The exact same sky is falling stuff from the same blowhard ps fans as last year if I’m not mistaken.
    Last edited by dreegking; 04-27-2019 at 04:22 AM.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Arians probably called and laughed at our coaches
    LOL. Yup. Arians has nothing better to do but waste his time and make a call to laugh at another team. Cute. Very cute. So...that’s one other team that has no idea what they are doing. And Arians would never know a good receiver if he ever saw one. Sarcasm off.
    Last edited by dreegking; 04-27-2019 at 04:23 AM.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Frankly, I think this is the best group overall of receivers the Steelers have had in a long time. He’s going to be a nice chess piece. Ben won’t have to worry about feeding egos and dealing with tantrums on the sideline and forcing balls this year. Lotsa talent frankly. All better than Coates and Hamilton and such. A very good group of 7 (including McDonald and not even including the pro proven Spencer of the CFL) pass catchers and counting. If he can make Coates look tradeable, just you wait. It’s a good pick in the third round. Ya’ll will see. Cheers.
    Last edited by dreegking; 04-27-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman’s imagination, or was coach Drake throwing a significant amount of shade on former Steelers over items such as character?

As for Johnson, while not the WR Chadman would have gone for, if Tomlin, Colbert and as it turns out, Drake, picked him over some of the available guys, given their success with WR’s such as Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Bryant, Smith-Schuster etc, maybe there is something there that makes Johnson special. They clearly look for certain aspects, because there are definitely better ‘athletes’ available
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    We get it... your a buckeye homer.
    . Lol ignorance comes out every year. Buckeye homer lmao. Anyone paying attention knows Iím MOST critical of Buckeye players. So settle down there Sally, Iím entitled to an opinion.

Legend

User Info Menu

After looking at WR highlights leading up to the draft, what Chadman had ‘decided’ was that Riley Ridley was the best WR at using his cuts to get open in the draft. Watching highlights on Johnson, his feet seem to get him into space quite comfortably too.

All that said, what did Hakeem Butler do wrong? Despite having selected a WR, if Butler is still there in the 4th when the Steelers pick, Chadman would be tempted..
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson