Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Take WR Diontae Johnson

Starter

User Info Menu

It's not that they don't know how to draft after the 1st round. It's hubris.

I have often felt they are so enamored with their own genius, in this case finding those "MAC" gems that somehow will become the next big thing.

I am kind of tired of the Colbert/Tomlin brain trust because every year they do something like this...

Remember the Long Snapper a few years back that they could've picked up as an post draft signing?

It just gets old...

brothervad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I’ll give the kid a chance before labeling him a bust or a reach.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agreed. They would have looked just as genius picking him in round 6 like they did with A. Brown. Why now on this guy, whoever he is?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I'm guessing they got him for his special teams play...20.2 per punt return

Legend

User Info Menu

We wasted the pick we got from Oakland.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Starter

User Info Menu

And come on...

This was the Big Chest pick that enabled them to move up and they burn it? couldn't they have waited for their 2nd 3rd round for this pick? I know most up here would've still been pi$$ed off but this was the 2nd overall pick of the 3rd round.

Give me a break.

brothervad

Starter

User Info Menu

Riddick ESPN " Best route runner in the draft , Reminds me of AB "

Backup

User Info Menu

SI had him as the 21st WR

CBS has him 37

Other GMs have to be laughing at these 2 idiots we have running our draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Agreed. They would have looked just as genius picking him in round 6 like they did with A. Brown. Why now on this guy, whoever he is?
    Take him in the 5th ; not up here where we can get a real difference maker
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Select Toledo WR Diontae Johnson In The Third-Round Of The 2019 NFL Draft

By Dave Bryan
    Posted on April 26, 2019

The Pittsburgh Steelers have selected Toledo wide receiver Diontae Johnson with the second pick of the third-round of the 2019 NFL Draft. It was the 66th pick overall in this year’s draft.

At the combine, Johnson weighed in at 5’10/4, 183 pounds, running a 4.53 40 with a 33.5 inch vertical and 10’3″ broad. Last year, he caught 49 passes for 761 yards and eight touchdowns. His best season came as a sophomore in 2017, he declared a year early, where he caught 74 passes for nearly 1300 yards and 13 scores. Our full report on him, written last month, can be found below.

Johnson was the MAC Special Teams Player of the Year for the 2018 season. He was a First-Team All-MAC as a wide receiver and punt returner and Second-Team All-MAC as a kickoff returner. : A two-year starter at Toledo, Johnson was the “X” receiver in their offense, lining up primarily in the boundary.

Johnson returned 79 kickoffs for 1,849 yards and 2 touchdowns in addition to returning 17 punts for 343 yards and 2 touchdowns.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/04/st...019-nfl-draft/