Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Over McLaurin?
    We get it... your a buckeye homer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I think they traded back after the Steelers picked him.
    yup, Tampa Bay traded their pick #70 to the Rams once Johnson was off the board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Strengths:

Johnson had an extremely productive college career, pulling down 135 passes for 2,235 yards (16.6 YPC) to go along with 23 touchdowns through the air. The receiver showed the ability to play on the outside or in the slot during his time in Toledo. Lacks elite speed but can make defenders miss. He had a penchant for making big plays as he had touchdowns as both a kick and punt returner.

Embedded video

Glenn Naughton
    @AceFan23
    @ToledoFB WR Diontae Johnson didn't just get it done against smaller schools. Against Miami in 2018, he hauled in 6 passes for 119 yards and 2 touchdowns. Could be a late-round steal as a WR/KR/PR.

5:34 PM - Mar 25, 2019 · East, England
    See Glenn Naughton's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Weaknesses:

Can get away from defenders at the snap but lacks the long speed to make them pay deep down the field. Looks good in and out of his cuts but will need to improve at the next level. May need to add some bulk as a pro without losing agility.

Legend

User Info Menu

Zero fumbles in 3 collegiate seasons....

Legend

User Info Menu

Reading this it sounds as if they drafted AB's replacement:

Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo

Diontae Johnson is (wrongfully) flying under the radar in this year’s class. The Toledo product is a skilled, deceptive route-runner with an unparalleled ability to create separation at the intermediate and deep levels of the field. Slotted as the No. 77 overall player of PFF’s top-250 list, Johnson has drop and size concerns that will push teams away, but his ability to separate consistently makes up for a lot of his woes. His two-year receiving grade (85.9) ranks tied for 10th in the class, and the fact that he can win in and away from the slot is more than enough reason to sprint the card in on Day 2.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...2019-nfl-draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    We get it... your a buckeye homer.
    I’ll admit I wanted McLaurin. I’ll also admit I’m a biased alum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Speaking to reporters to explain the pick, Drake says he knows Tampa Bay would’ve taken him at #70 four picks later.
    Why do I get the feeling Bruce Arians is laughing his a$$ off at the Steelers right now?
    2024 Mock Draft 3.0

Trade back for an extra 2nd round pick
    1) Graham Barton, C/OT, Duke
    2a) Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    2b) Luke Ohorhorro, DL, Clemson
    3) Kiran Amegadje, OT, Yale
    4) Jayden Hicks, S, Washington St
    6a) Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
    6b) Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois

Backup

User Info Menu

Great pick. Not a reach. A tweener. Does indeed remind me of a Sanders and Brown combo. Only time will determine. He has twitch. And will get a bit bigger. I also expect him to get faster as a pro. Some players max out speed at the combine. Some get faster as pros with focus on agility and speed training. He will. I’m more concerned about his ability to elevate actually. But now I’m being really picky. This guy can play. He’s the best naturally true pro ready receiver they have picked outright in forever. Juju just snuck up and bested and beasted all expectations. Ha.
    Last edited by dreegking; 04-27-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    AB still in everyone's head.
    Sadly...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blitz71burgh71 View Post
    Should have traded this pick and another moved up and got Greedy Williams
    I’m so glad Greedy is not a Steeler. He’s not going to be a good pro. His combine was horrific. And his play versus any decently shifty rec was not good in college either. He will be even worse than a recent highly regarded speedster dB. So many have fallen flat. In addition, how many were quite happy overall about Burns here? And how many first round rec and corners flop comparatively? Too many. Johnson is a darn good pick at 66. Juju also saw about the same number of rev go before himself. He turned out the best to date. I think people will feel the same about Johnson eventually. I hope he takes 84 just to show Brown his jersey number is not revered at all. Ha.
    Last edited by dreegking; 04-27-2019 at 04:19 AM.