Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Take WR Diontae Johnson

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

AB did really well as just a punt returner at first. But I am also scratching my head. But it is a gamble no matter who is picked there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    So then you pass on Winovich too?
    I really don’t understand the love affair with Chase Winovich? Is it the long hair?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    People doubting the pick should at least listen to the press conference. The WR coach was very high on him and said that we couldn't wait to take him later because Tampa was about to. Perhaps after watching you'll still hate the pick, but at least hear the rationale.
    We will listen but sugar, where is he going to contribute? Over who?
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    People doubting the pick should at least listen to the press conference. The WR coach was very high on him and said that we couldn't wait to take him later because Tampa was about to. Perhaps after watching you'll still hate the pick, but at least hear the rationale.
    We've heard the rationale every year for over a decade. 'A solid football player that will help in lots of ways. We'll find a spot for him. His upside was too good to pass up. etc etc etc'. If this guy was a 6th rd pick I'd give him 50/50 to even make the team

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hilarious. Just ask if itís a possibility if they maybe gave up too much in round 1 and you are not a real fan. Come round 2 and itís acceptable to label Colbert & Tomlin as morons for this pick.

Starter

User Info Menu

AB Clone, vertical threat, speed!!! THAT's why. I think they've been good for the most part drafting WRs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hilarious. Just ask if it’s a possibility if they maybe gave up too much in round 1 and you are not a real fan. Come round 2 and it’s acceptable to label Colbert & Tomlin as morons for this pick.
    Duck and cover ghost. Bullets are flying in here tonight.

Backup

User Info Menu

Punt returns, and if Eli Rogers goes down, we have a legit comparable replacement

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Researched this Arians thing. TB doesn't have a pick again until 94th. So that is the earliest they could have taken him.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

20 S DARNELL SAVAGE MARYLAND
    52 OLB CHASE WINOWICH MICHIGAN
    66 WR MYLES BOYKIN NOTRE DAME
    84 RB JUSTICE HILL OKLAHOMA ST.
    123 ILB DAVID LONG JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    142 OLB MAXX CROSBY E. MICHIGAN
    176 WR GARY JENNINGS JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    194 DL DANIEL WISE KANSAS
    209 TE TREVON WESCO WEST VIRGINIA
    221K MATT GAY UTAH

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Initially, he'll contribute in the return game.