Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 279

Thread: Steelers Take WR Diontae Johnson

  1. #261
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think this is a good sign.

    But, it could also be interpreted as our QB only throws to WRs when they're super open. Otherwise, it's a throw to a back behind the line.
    I'm thinking it is B. It also might explain why JuJu was saying "just throw me the ball" after his TD. Mason is afraid to throw to a covered receiver and he needs to trust that his boys will make a play for him if he feeds them the ball.

  2. #262
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I'm thinking it is B. It also might explain why JuJu was saying "just throw me the ball" after his TD. Mason is afraid to throw to a covered receiver and he needs to trust that his boys will make a play for him if he feeds them the ball.
    Well juju got his wish....

  3. #263
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I'm thinking it is B. It also might explain why JuJu was saying "just throw me the ball" after his TD. Mason is afraid to throw to a covered receiver and he needs to trust that his boys will make a play for him if he feeds them the ball.
    Mason might think that because one of his first passes that went down the field Moncrief let go threw his hands and it was picked off. Maybe he is just a quick learner.

  4. #264
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Speaking of Johnson. Wonder if we can start using him in the return game instead of Switzer, Holton.

  5. #265
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Speaking of Johnson. Wonder if we can start using him in the return game instead of Switzer, Holton.
    it would be difficult for him to be worse unless he fumbles.

  6. #266
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Speaking of Johnson. Wonder if we can start using him in the return game instead of Switzer, Holton.
    Switzer scares no one. And Holton's brainfart in the last game likely has him on a short leash. He is also 0/4 on deep pass receptions. So far, no contribution to the offense.

  7. #267
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Report: Diontae Johnson underwent sports hernia surgery

    Posted by Charean Williams on February 13, 2020

    Steelers receiver Diontae Johnson underwent sports hernia surgery last week, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

    Johnson posted a photo of himself in a hospital bed on Instagram but didn’t reveal what procedure he had. He wrote, “Ima Bounce Back.”

    The Steelers selected Johnson in the third round last spring.

    Johnson dealt with a concussion and an illness during his rookie season, the only times he was listed on the Steelers’ injury report. He played all 16 games, starting 12, and saw action on 66 percent of the offensive snaps.

    Johnson made 59 catches for 680 yards and five touchdowns. He also averaged a league-leading 12.4 yards on 20 punt returns and scored a touchdown.

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ernia-surgery/

  8. #268
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Report: Diontae Johnson underwent sports hernia surgery

    Posted by Charean Williams on February 13, 2020

    Steelers receiver Diontae Johnson underwent sports hernia surgery last week, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

    Johnson posted a photo of himself in a hospital bed on Instagram but didn’t reveal what procedure he had. He wrote, “Ima Bounce Back.”

    The Steelers selected Johnson in the third round last spring.

    Johnson dealt with a concussion and an illness during his rookie season, the only times he was listed on the Steelers’ injury report. He played all 16 games, starting 12, and saw action on 66 percent of the offensive snaps.

    Johnson made 59 catches for 680 yards and five touchdowns. He also averaged a league-leading 12.4 yards on 20 punt returns and scored a touchdown.

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ernia-surgery/
    Glad to see he’s getting this taken care of and is on the mend. Although I was not crazy about the pick at the time, and he had some “very rookie” moments this year, he is a very special player that can be great if he works on the mental and craft aspects of his game. His play-making ability is off the charts, and that he did what he did with our backup QBs shows how special he can be.

    Juju can go back to being a great #2; if this kid puts in the work he’s our clear #1.

  9. #269
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    Glad to see he’s getting this taken care of and is on the mend. Although I was not crazy about the pick at the time, and he had some “very rookie” moments this year, he is a very special player that can be great if he works on the mental and craft aspects of his game. His play-making ability is off the charts, and that he did what he did with our backup QBs shows how special he can be.

    Juju can go back to being a great #2; if this kid puts in the work he’s our clear #1.
    I agree. After a while, I can see why they took him. He runs routes well for a rookie and I can only imagine how much better he's going to be in his second & third seasons. The intangibles of being a # 1 WR on this team are all there. If he has the work ethic, he can be that guy for years to come. Minus an AB attitude.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  10. #270
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I just think back to the comments about Johnson when we drafted him and now juxtapose that with the current comments about how successful his rookie season was and his potential to be a #1. In the Steelers I trust!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •