Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Take WR Diontae Johnson

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Please DT Please keep Ryan Switzer off the punt return team.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Please DT Please keep Ryan Switzer off the punt return team.
    If he keeps him off the punt return team, he likely keeps him off the team altogether.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If he keeps him off the punt return team, he likely keeps him off the team altogether.
    I don't think so Buzz. I think Ben likes Switzer and they have developed some chemistry. I believe that Eli might be the guy who has the short stick. Didn't somebody say he was a little diva to AB's big diva? Attitude might cost Eli a roster spot.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't think so Buzz. I think Ben likes Switzer and they have developed some chemistry. I believe that Eli might be the guy who has the short stick. Didn't somebody say he was a little diva to AB's big diva? Attitude might cost Eli a roster spot.
    They do call him "little AB". Or as I guess they'll now have to call him, "Mr. Little Chest."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've never heard of this dude, despite the fact that he grew up 25 miles from me. But when I hear stuff like "the Steelers had a first-round grade on him", "he is a superb route-runner", "he runs different than everyone else", "he is the favorite of everyone at PFF ", and had 18.5 yards per punt return, then I am very cool with seeing what this cat brings to the table.

All you people out there belly-aching over this - just because you never heard of him, or thought he could be had later - should probably slow it down and see how it all pans out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who is he beating out to show these gifts? I’m all for seeing him. For example, is he beating out Rogers and switzer for the slot job? I think Rogers is the odd man out. Because switzer brings more flexibility.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I've never heard of this dude, despite the fact that he grew up 25 miles from me. But when I hear stuff like "the Steelers had a first-round grade on him", "he is a superb route-runner", "he runs different than everyone else", "he is the favorite of everyone at PFF ", and had 18.5 yards per punt return, then I am very cool with seeing what this cat brings to the table.

All you people out there belly-aching over this - just because you never heard of him, or thought he could be had later - should probably slow it down and see how it all pans out.
    I think thatís fair. I think we can be guilty of believing online scouting reports. I havenít seen enough of him to have a truly educated opinion. But to correct that, Iíll pull everything I can find and do an in depth evaluation. Some scouts seem to love him, some see nothing special. And while the FO is good at finding gem WRs they are not perfect and are probably only batting .500 or less.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think that’s fair. I think we can be guilty of believing online scouting reports. I haven’t seen enough of him to have a truly educated opinion. But to correct that, I’ll pull everything I can find and do an in depth evaluation. Some scouts seem to love him, some see nothing special. And while the FO is good at finding gem WRs they are not perfect and are probably only batting .500 or less.
    Yep... Sweed,Weaton are proof Colbert isn’t perfect but we want this kid to succeed.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

SWITZER needs to work on his Gunner and Kickoff Coverage skills - maybe he could be the next Steve Tasker??
    By investing a draft pick into him the Steelers will find a spot for him - He should be able to keep DT off the field a lot this year but not on Punt & Kick Return.
    However if DT blows things up then I also believe Eli Rogers is the odd man out and Switzer will be kept.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it’s rogers who’s the odd man out.