Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Would It Take

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What Would It Take

to move up to, say, the middle of round 2? Our first pick in round 3 plus what?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Depending on what chart you use, considering the Steelers don't even use it, our picks are worth the following.

66 = 260
    83 = 175
    122 = 50
    141 = 35.5
    175 = 21.4
    192 = 14.6
    207 = 8.6
    219 = 3.8

Total = 568.90

Pick 48 is worth 420, so the easy answer is both 3rds.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

20 S DARNELL SAVAGE MARYLAND
    52 OLB CHASE WINOWICH MICHIGAN
    66 WR MYLES BOYKIN NOTRE DAME
    84 RB JUSTICE HILL OKLAHOMA ST.
    123 ILB DAVID LONG JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    142 OLB MAXX CROSBY E. MICHIGAN
    176 WR GARY JENNINGS JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    194 DL DANIEL WISE KANSAS
    209 TE TREVON WESCO WEST VIRGINIA
    221K MATT GAY UTAH

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well if someone falls I guess it’s an option. Personally I’d stay put and keep both 3rd round picks.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm all about quality over quantity. I'd have no problem taking our last 3 picks (2nd 6th, 3rd 6th, & 7th) to move up to the 5th round if possible. We'd end up with Bush, two 3rds, one 4th, two 5ths and our first 6th (which is at the top of that round). We'd still walk away with 7 picks, essentially in the first 5 rounds because of where that first 6th round pick falls.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Well if someone falls I guess its an option. Personally Id stay put and keep both 3rd round picks.
    We gotta keep our two 3rd round picks unless we trade down a few spots to pick up additional picks.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Well if someone falls I guess it’s an option. Personally I’d stay put and keep both 3rd round picks.
    Yeah, there should be some good talent left after round 2. I wouldn't want to give up both 3rds for one mid-2nd round pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    I'm all about quality over quantity. I'd have no problem taking our last 3 picks (2nd 6th, 3rd 6th, & 7th) to move up to the 5th round if possible. We'd end up with Bush, two 3rds, one 4th, two 5ths and our first 6th (which is at the top of that round). We'd still walk away with 7 picks, essentially in the first 5 rounds because of where that first 6th round pick falls.
    I like quality too.

But, my guess is that the difference in quality between mid-2nd and early-3rd isn't all that big.

If the difference in perceived talent is similar, I'd rather have more lottery tickets.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    to move up to, say, the middle of round 2? Our first pick in round 3 plus what?
    Our next pick is the 2nd pick in the third round (66 overall), and then the 19th pick in the third round (83 overall).

If we combined both of our round 3 picks, we could move up about 20 spots or so into the middle of round 2 (around pick 46, which would be the 12th pick to happen this evening).

If someone like CB Byron Murphy (who we likely would have strongly considered if we stayed at #20 last night) were still on the board at that point, I think that would certainly be a debate worth having.

Coming out of the first two days of the draft with both a top notch ILB in Devin Bush and a top notch CB in Byron Murphy would be a solid haul, and then we'd still have 6 more picks on Saturday to add depth elsewhere.

But I expect Murphy to come off the board within the first two picks tonight, so it is likely a moot point. I wouldn't expect that big of a jump up the draft board tonight.

Other smaller jumps up from 3.66 could be:
    Moving up about 7 spots to 2.59 by trading 4.122
    Moving up about 5 spots to 2.61 by trading 5.141
    Moving up about 4 spots to 2.62 by trading 6.175
    Moving up about 3 spots to 2.63 by trading 6.192
    Moving up about 2 spots to 2.64 by trading 6.207
    Moving up about 1 spot to 3.65 by trading 7.219

Another option could be trading our early 3rd round and mid 3rd round picks to the Chargers for their late 2nd round and late 3rd round picks.

In this case, our early 3rd rounder would move up 6 picks into the latter portion of round 2 but the other 3rd rounder would move back 8 picks in the latter portion of round 3.

3.66 + 3.83 = 435 points
    2.60 + 3.91 = 436 points
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    6.192 (15.6) + 6.207 (9.6) + 7.219 (4.8) = 30 points according to the trade value chart. That's the equivalent of pick 5.156, which is the middle of round 5. Denver currently owns that pick, and we have traded with them once already yesterday.

If we made such a trade, we'd have these picks left:

Oakland's pick in the early 3rd (3.66)
    Our own pick in the mid 3rd (3.83)
    Our own pick in the mid 4th (4.122)
    Oakland's pick in the early 5th (5.141)
    Denver's pick in the mid 5th (5.156)
    Oakland's pick in the early 6th (6.175)
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    6.192 (15.6) + 6.207 (9.6) + 7.219 (4.8) = 30 points according to the trade value chart. That's the equivalent of pick 5.156, which is the middle of round 5. Denver currently owns that pick, and we have traded with them once already yesterday.

If we made such a trade, we'd have these picks left:

Oakland's pick in the early 3rd (3.66)
    Our own pick in the mid 3rd (3.83)
    Our own pick in the mid 4th (4.122)
    Oakland's pick in the early 5th (5.141)
    Denver's pick in the mid 5th (5.156)
    Oakland's pick in the early 6th (6.175)
    I'd take it!