Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 2 Targets

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    OLB--Chase Winovich?
    WR
    TE-Moreau?
    Winovich or the DE from TCU ( first name is Ben) depending on who Colbert likes more. Still think we are going to go linebacker again in the third.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    OLB--Chase Winovich?
    WR
    TE-Moreau?
    Please no Winovich. Not impressed at all.

I’d be happy with a WR and some secondary help. I wouldn’t object to some depth on the OL either.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    With Bush on board, Barron shifts to be our hybrid safety. Two positions covered in one!

3.66) Layne CB
    3.83) Boykin WR
    4.122) Oliver TE
    5) Mack DL
    6) Sills WR
    6) Denmark -CB
    6) Ty Johnson RB/ST
    7) Wesco TE

OLB- we are contempt with Dupree, they will extend him. Plus that 9 M /year is not so bad considering the cost. Don't count out last years pick in OLA.

RB- easiest position to plug and play...Conners, Samuels, and some street FA.

S- we have enough flexibility in our Edmunds, Davis, Barron, Allen to be hybrid, SS, question will be at FS depth.

Barron will not be going back to Safety.

Legend

User Info Menu

As many have said, DB, TE, OLB and WR.

They we’re ready for this. Look at the players they brought in for visits- all fit those positions and rounds.

wouldnt surprise me to see a 5th and 6th become a 4th if there is someone they like.

Praying Hakeem Butler falls, but doubt it.

David Sills, Greg Jennings, Myles Boykin seems obvious.

Ben Banogu, Maxx Crosby, Jordan Brailford at OLB

Warring or Oliver at TE might be nice fits

Isiah Johnson at CB looks good, but FS is more a need now. Hooker in the 3rd looks good. Can play slot right away, and back up Davis at FS. If Thornhill or Adderley start to fall to the bottom of the 2nd....
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Legend

User Info Menu

Can’t see Butler not going in the second round.Chiefs are gonna have to take at least one WR now because I think Hill is done in the NFL.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Backup

User Info Menu

We need a quality RB to back up Conner.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    We need a quality RB to back up Conner.
    I have a feeling that they'll be looking for a vet (ala Ridley) for the RB room. Conner and Samuels have both shown that they are up to the task.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    As many have said, DB, TE, OLB and WR.

They we’re ready for this. Look at the players they brought in for visits- all fit those positions and rounds.

wouldnt surprise me to see a 5th and 6th become a 4th if there is someone they like.

Praying Hakeem Butler falls, but doubt it.

David Sills, Greg Jennings, Myles Boykin seems obvious.

Ben Banogu, Maxx Crosby, Jordan Brailford at OLB

Warring or Oliver at TE might be nice fits

Isiah Johnson at CB looks good, but FS is more a need now. Hooker in the 3rd looks good. Can play slot right away, and back up Davis at FS. If Thornhill or Adderley start to fall to the bottom of the 2nd....
    Can't see Thornhill or Adderly either...They get close...Lets move up again!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Right now our biggest NEED is Tight End - however it would take Irv Smith Jr to fall to #96 to justify picking a TE at that spot.

Moving forward into 2020 - the Steelers are going to need FS and OLB (unless Ola and Marcus Allen have shown potential to the staff we don't understand yet).

Right now I say at #96 the Steelers must take the best player available to fall out of the 2nd Round - most likely a CB or WR
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

A few names that I've heard associated with the Steelers:

Chase Winovich
    David Long
    Kelvin Harmon
    Andy Isabella
    Rock Ya-Sin
    Byron Murphy
    Greedy Williams
    Mack Wilson
    Miles Boykin

Someone will drop to us.... to bad it won't be Byron Murphy.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.