Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 2 Targets

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    With Bush on board, Barron shifts to be our hybrid safety. Two positions covered in one!

3.66) Layne CB
    3.83) Boykin WR
    4.122) Oliver TE
    5) Mack DL
    6) Sills WR
    6) Denmark -CB
    6) Ty Johnson RB/ST
    7) Wesco TE

OLB- we are contempt with Dupree, they will extend him. Plus that 9 M /year is not so bad considering the cost. Don't count out last years pick in OLA.

RB- easiest position to plug and play...Conners, Samuels, and some street FA.

S- we have enough flexibility in our Edmunds, Davis, Barron, Allen to be hybrid, SS, question will be at FS depth.
    Excellent! That f/a back could be Whyte of Fla Atlantic. The Phillip Lindsay of this year. I think he will get drafted late n hope we turn in the card. Kid would make a great late day 3 selection to add to the haul u outlined.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post

3.66) Layne CB
    3.83) Boykin WR
    4.122) Oliver TE
    5) Mack DL
    6) Sills WR
    6) Denmark -CB
    6) Ty Johnson RB/ST
    7) Wesco TE
    This would be a very nice haul.

I would probably remove Wesco, Sills and Denmark, since I don't think we need to double up on TE, WR and CB, and try to find a FS, an edge rusher, and an OL prospect with those 3 picks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Realistic 3rd round targets we should be considering

Chase Winovich-double up at Michigan LB'ers
    Irv Smith-more of a move TE than we typically like but talented
    JJ Arcega Whiteside-Red Zone monster
    Amani Oruwairye-local kid Tom Bradley coached
    Lonnie Johnson- depends on when the DB run starts
    Mecole Hardman- EXACTLY the type of player we like
    Miles Sanders- another local kid but probably will wait till Sunday to get a RB

Legend

User Info Menu

I just don't see Colbert taking a WR in the 3rd round. Colbert can find a good WR in an ordinary draft. So since this is a deep class of WR's, he can wait until late 5-7 rounds and find a guy.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sills n Denmark will yield excellent value for late rounders. Denmark is that hybrid that we n others are moving to n Stills has late 3 -early 4 talent. I know he doesn't run that fast but he gets behind people n in red zone he is match up problem. Nice hands real solid late round talent. Two polar opposites but both can n should be productive.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm still thinking Jachai Polite could be a decent pick with the second third rounder
    2019 Steelers draft results
    -------------------------------------------
    Round 1- Devin Bush, ILB; Michigan
    Round 3a- Diontae Johnson, WR; Toledo
    Round 3b- Justin Layne, CB; Michigan State
    Round 4- Benny Snell Jr., RB; Kentucky
    Round 5- Zach Gentry, TE; Michigan
    Round 6a- Sutton Smith, OLB; Northern Illnois
    Round 6b- Isaiah Buggs, DT; Alabama
    Round 6c- Ulysses Gilbert III, ILB; Akron
    Round 7- Derwin Gray, OG; Maryland

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Right now our biggest NEED is Tight End - however it would take Irv Smith Jr to fall to #96 to justify picking a TE at that spot.

Moving forward into 2020 - the Steelers are going to need FS and OLB (unless Ola and Marcus Allen have shown potential to the staff we don't understand yet).

Right now I say at #96 the Steelers must take the best player available to fall out of the 2nd Round - most likely a CB or WR
    what’s the deal with no love for Vance McDonald? Am I the guys only fan? Dude is a beast. Love the way he plays the game. Just wish we got the ball to him more. We have a need for a TE2 but that can be had elsewhere.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    what’s the deal with no love for Vance McDonald? Am I the guys only fan? Dude is a beast. Love the way he plays the game. Just wish we got the ball to him more. We have a need for a TE2 but that can be had elsewhere.
    I dig McDonald too, but I think the concern is his injury history. If he's a big part of the Offense and goes down I don't know that X Grimble can be trusted to take up the slack. That said, I love what he showed last year. His ability to impose his will on defenders is beautiful to watch.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Now that Mr Big Chest is gone we might see Vance get the ball more often

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's that Mcdonald hasn't played an entire season yet. I like Mcdonald for what it's worth. Like him a lot.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN