Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select ILB Devin Bush in first round

Starter

User Info Menu

you know Gerry Dulac in his draft chat today said something interesting that explains moving (I am fine with it btw...the guy was considered a top 8 by ESPN and we got him at 10 and moved up 10 spots to get him and only lost a 2nd this year.

The question was basically do you think the Steelers need to be more aggressive given been has 3 years left? I am not quoting that verbatim mind you...but that was the gist.

Dulac agreed with that question that yes they do have to act more aggressively given the window they have and the SB quality level of talent on this roster.

Now you can critique whether or not the level of talent is SB level...but that I get the need to be aggressive and take care of that ILB position.

So I think they are keeping in mind that Ben is on the final drive and they need to be aggressive without selling out the future.

And given that they still have 8 picks and will likely get a 3rd for Lev Bell next year. They did not give up the farm to get this guy.

Brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

If it doesn't work out rest assured there will be a ton of second guessers here next year pointing out the players the Steelers passed on to get Bush.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Says a lot about the cornerback class huh?
    that and WR...

I don't remember a recent draft where no CB or WR wasn't in the top 20. I have to think that at least one in each area will be selected in round 1

brothervad

Update: ESPN said 2008 is the last time a WR didn't go in the first round

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm good with it. We talked about trade up with Buffalo earlier in the week. Thought there was a shot at it perhaps even for White at 9 but Bush is a heck of a consolation prize imho. He has game n we had a need.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    that and WR...

I don't remember a recent draft where no CB or WR wasn't in the top 20. I have to think that at least one in each area will be selected in round 1

brothervad

it's weird... maybe supply and demand. With a ton of supply maybe teams feel they can wait til later to grab one. I predict once one goes there will be a major run on them. maybe squeezing out the Steelers since they traded away their 2nd pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    that and WR...

brothervad

Speaking of WR the Ravens just took Hollywood Brown. I think this guy is going to be a pain in the ass for years to come. I was hoping they would go with DK

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Speaking of WR the Ravens just took Hollywood Brown. I think this guy is going to be a pain in the ass for years to come. I was hoping they would go with DK
    ABs cousin.

Backup

User Info Menu

Did he have glitter on his teeth?
    Also had a lot of bling on.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Thats not the point. If the discussion turns to how they tried to make a move last season and it didnít work out then itís fair game to point out they totally whiffed on an available linebacker who became a force.
    It is the point. It's certainly easy to sit back and Monday morning QB from a message board. So easy a caveman can do it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So what does this mean for Mark Barron?? Dimebacker??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!