Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select ILB Devin Bush in first round

Starter

User Info Menu

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/04/19/devin-bush-2019-nfl-draft-michigan-football/3496895002/

Italian designer Jatannio, some kind of strap.

Legend

User Info Menu

I feel bad for Bush; at the press conf., he’s having to say he’s not Shazier. Damn ... I too am tired of people wanting someone to be like Shazier or AB. Fact is, we didn’t win anything with them. We need to stop talking about AB, Bell and Shazier. It’s not fair to the current guys.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Starter

User Info Menu

True.

Starter

User Info Menu

Well I a want Bush to be blazing fast like Shazier
    I want him to be the captain on the field like Shazier

But I want him to make his own name and be his own type of hall of famer

Similar to Johnson...I want him to put up the numbers and be the threat that Brown was
    But I want him to be his own player - especially when it comes to the diva/entitlement aspects

Is that fair?

brothervad

Btw, I don't think you would ever see me type he ain't a Shazier or Brown in both cases...I just want them to be otherworldly successful (like all of us)

Hell, I want Gentry to be the next Gronk

Starter

User Info Menu

Well said.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    Hell, I want Gentry to be the next Gronk
    Me too but I think I'll be fairly happy if he can just make the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Me too but I think I'll be fairly happy if he can just make the team.
    Boom.......
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Devin Bush's father, Devin Bush Sr., who played eight years as a safety in the NFL, coached his son throughout his youth. Bush explains why that process was stressful but rewarding.

3d

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Steelers first-round pick Devin Bush admires Ryan Shazier and believes he'll play again but makes clear he's not trying to replace him. Two different players.

3d

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Steelers introduce Devin Bush, who will wear No. 55 for the Pittsburgh defense. Team president Art Rooney II called the Steelers' desire to acquire Bush the ‘worst-kept secret' of the NFL draft.

3d

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

New Steelers ILB Devin Bush plans to bring versatility to the Steelers. Coach Mike Tomlin calls him an "all situations" linebacker who can play every down. "I'm a giuy that can play sideline to sideline," Bush said. "I can cover. I can blitz. I can play the run, play the pass.

4d

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said of moving up 10 spots in the first round for ILB Devin Bush: ‘We thought that highly of him.'

4d

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/...burgh-steelers
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I feel bad for Bush; at the press conf., he’s having to say he’s not Shazier. Damn ... I too am tired of people wanting someone to be like Shazier or AB. Fact is, we didn’t win anything with them. We need to stop talking about AB, Bell and Shazier. It’s not fair to the current guys.
    What I told my kid right after they moved up to pick him: They didn't make a move like that because they think they are replacing Ryan Shazier. They made a move that big because they think they are drafting Ryan Shazier.

The fact is that the similarities between them are two great to ignore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's my question; are the Steelers setting themselves up again by continuing to scheme a defense that requires rare, unique talent at a single position?? This was the complaint when Shazier went down. No backup plan with players that were on the roster.