Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select ILB Devin Bush in first round

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

at the end of the day, our defense has sucked since our last Super Bowl. they keep drafting in the first round to improve it, but it just hasn't happened to return us to where it needs to be for another playoff run.

hopefully this guy is a player that can make a difference right away, cause we need it. if he does, the price we paid to trade up will be insignificant.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Duh...ya think. Some "fans" aren't happy unless they are unhappy. The glass is always half empty for them and they act like constant negativity is informed critical analysis
    Some people just need a smaller glass.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bush is Top 10 talent & well worth the move for this team.

VW needs to be relegated to Situational Backer which will be Buck in 3-4 Base & Goaline. 3-4 Base is now "situational" being run 20% of the time. Sub needs to be Bush-Barron. Hopefully that happens sooner then later.

Now you take a Mid-Late day 3 pick on ILBS Tyrel Dodson, Leo Lewis, or Drew Lewis to possibly revamp the ILB Group entirely. If they keep all the picks I would even consider Long,Gilbert,Johnson if they fall to our 5. The near future only has room for one of VW or JB. Neither are ST. Dirty Red sticks because ST. Draft another who can play ST until he can fill role.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 04-26-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I like the pick but hope we can get back into the second round.
    as KC said we are only 3 picks past second round in the third.....we have a high pick in the 3rd of 2 picks so, we are good....we still have enough picks to move up again in the second...
    This pick was the most important pick for us to replace Shazier....looks like they did their homework on this guy...good move!!!
    https://www.steelers.com/video/tomlin-colbert-analyze-devin-bush (not sure why links don't get Auto... underlined with link to browser?)
    Last edited by Sword; 04-26-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Molon labe

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I love the move. We just signed Ben for 2 more years so we need to go all in with draft picks to try and make a run at it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Devin Bust.

Only have to change one letter if it doesn’t pan out in the first preseason game.

Legend

User Info Menu

I really like this move. The Steelers have a solid group - they needed to add a playmaker. I think Bush will be a playmaker.

I haven't been this excited about a first round pick since David DeCastro.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I love this trade up and pick. This was the year to be bold with 10 picks.
    We gave up a 2nd and hopefully a very late 3rd round pick next year. And we still have 8 picks left including a VERY early 3rd round pick.
    A 3rd round comp pick for Bell replaces next year’s 3rd and we have plenty of bait to move up in any other round.
    Meanwhile, we get the player that could possibly make the biggest impact on our team of anybody in the draft, in the position where we need the most help. I don’t see why anyone would think we gave up too much to get him. But it’s a matter of opinion.
    Great job Colbert and Tomlin.