Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select ILB Devin Bush in first round

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hope this was the move that will put us back into Super Bowl contention.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is a great start. Now VW can go to the bench. Now let’s find a OLB to at least split with Dupree
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    This is a great start. Now VW can go to the bench. Now letís find a OLB to at least split with Dupree
    I agree, VW will hopefully only be in on running downs and Barron and Bush can be on the field the rest of the time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    So what does this mean for Mark Barron?? Dimebacker??
    Is this the last season for VW? What a Bostic? No answers from me just more questions.
    BUT IMO. I see Barron as the replacement for Barnett possibly. He is a former safety.
    A hybrid vet guy. To run some different defenses. Need to contain the running QB's and RPO's. Will be interesting to see how the safety and ILB's work out this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Agreed. I love the Steelers, but we seem to have an abundance of fans that like to complain no matter what they do.
    Duh...ya think. Some "fans" aren't happy unless they are unhappy. The glass is always half empty for them and they act like constant negativity is informed critical analysis

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is a great start. Now VW can go to the bench. Now let’s find a OLB to at least split with Dupree
    Jachai Polite may have dropped..but maybe he'd be one to get in the fourth.
    2019 Steelers draft results
    -------------------------------------------
    Round 1- Devin Bush, ILB; Michigan
    Round 3a- Diontae Johnson, WR; Toledo
    Round 3b- Justin Layne, CB; Michigan State
    Round 4- Benny Snell Jr., RB; Kentucky
    Round 5- Zach Gentry, TE; Michigan
    Round 6a- Sutton Smith, OLB; Northern Illnois
    Round 6b- Isaiah Buggs, DT; Alabama
    Round 6c- Ulysses Gilbert III, ILB; Akron
    Round 7- Derwin Gray, OG; Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If it doesn't work out rest assured there will be a ton of second guessers here next year pointing out the players the Steelers passed on to get Bush.
    Even if it does work out, see: Bustamalu

Starter

User Info Menu

VWill has become this whipping boy for the fans. Always a fan need,like waving a terrible towel. Vince Williams is still a valuable part of the team. He'll get his playing time because he is good a productive player but he can play less. A team needs good depth, there are 45 players.

Starter

User Info Menu

Vince Williams aka "The Whipping Boy" had 78 total tackles, 4.5 sacks, 8 tfl and 1 int for a touchdown in 2018. Pretty good numbers for a player the omniscient fanbase uniformly denounces.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not saying this to complain at all, but I'm still of the mindset where I don't really like the idea of taking an ILB in the 1st round and I'm really suspect of their value as a top 10 pick.

That said, I like Bush's. He fills a need. He looks like he should be a solid starter. It's just more a beef I have with the position. It would be similar in my mind to taking a RB in the top 10. And we had to give up a 2nd and 3rd to do it. If I'm giving up that much and moving that high, there better be a QB that I love that I'm going after or some game changing talent that's going to enable my D to get to the QB.

And this isn't a knock on Bush, but I'd expect going up this high, I better be getting talent like Big Ben, Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, etc.