Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select ILB Devin Bush in first round

Backup

User Info Menu

While I hate not having a 2nd rounder, I love the move and the pick. We need playmakers on D, they knew who they wanted and made it happen. With Bush and the signing of Barron, we suddenly have a ton of speed in the middle of our defense. Keep the all in mindset - get rid of your 6th and 7th rounders and move up. If we finish with 6 picks I'm good with it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I've made it clear that I didn't want to trade into the top 10 for Devin Bush. I thought it would be to costly. I've come around a bit on it.

A 2nd and 2020 3rd rounder wasn't that bad. With that said, I was about ready to throw a chair thru the TV when ESPN was reporting the trade and they said that Broncos were asking for a 2020 1st rounder and they never said what the terms of the deal were between the Broncos and Steelers. I was going to go on a tirade if we gave up a 2020 1st rounder.

It's funny because some people think we gave up to much. On the flip side, many Denver Bronco fans think they got hosed. I think it was a fair deal especially considering we jumped 10 spots in the 1st round.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Devin Bust.

Only have to change one letter if it doesn’t pan out in the first preseason game.
    Oh we will no doubt have a few posters ready to adopt that monicker for him if he isn't an immediate star

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I've made it clear that I didn't want to trade into the top 10 for Devin Bush. I thought it would be to costly. I've come around a bit on it.

A 2nd and 2020 3rd rounder wasn't that bad. With that said, I was about ready to throw a chair thru the TV when ESPN was reporting the trade and they said that Broncos were asking for a 2020 1st rounder and they never said what the terms of the deal were between the Broncos and Steelers. I was going to go on a tirade if we gave up a 2020 1st rounder.

It's funny because some people think we gave up to much. On the flip side, many Denver Bronco fans think they got hosed. I think it was a fair deal especially considering we jumped 10 spots in the 1st round.
    I was reading a Broncos fan post on PFT and he said Fangio thinks both Bush and White are overrated and that the Broncos got over on us. Does anybody have any link on Fangio saying he thinks White and Bush are overrated? Just curious.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    While I hate not having a 2nd rounder, I love the move and the pick. We need playmakers on D, they knew who they wanted and made it happen. With Bush and the signing of Barron, we suddenly have a ton of speed in the middle of our defense. Keep the all in mindset - get rid of your 6th and 7th rounders and move up. If we finish with 6 picks I'm good with it.
    If there is another difference maker that they identify, yeah, I have no problem in doing another package trade up. It's about quality to me; not so much quantity.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

The Person Behind The Player: Potential Steelers Draft Target LB Devin Bush

By Daniel Valente
    Posted on March 31, 2019

Scouting a prospect is often compared to putting together a giant piece. That puzzle contains four moving pieces that must be studied and taken into consideration. Those four pieces include statistics, film, athletic testing and character. With statistics and film available online and the NFL Combine being bigger than ever, it is easier than ever for the public to come to their own conclusions on prospects. A prospect’s character is one area that remains very difficult to explore, unless you are a professional scout, but through intensive research, perhaps the task is not as impossible as it seems.

One prospect that would be interesting to take a closer look at and one that the Pittsburgh Steelers have shown a notable amount of interest in is Michigan linebacker Devin Bush. The Steelers sent the house to Michigan’s pro-day with their eyes all over Bush. The inside linebacker has proved he hang with the best of them on the field but the inside linebacker position requires more than just raw talent. Acting as the quarterback of the defense, the inside linebacker is often required to be a leader and a story from the Detroit Free Press from March 2018 gave a peak at the linebacker’s true character.

Last March, Bush was faced with a decision, either head back home to Florida to deal with a personal matter or stay with his teammates in Michigan. After a discussion with his father Devin Bush Sr., who told his son to follow his heart, Bush decided to stay in Michigan. The decision impressed many coaches and teammates who had come to know the linebacker as a leader among men.

“Devin Bush Jr., special guy. That’s all I’m going to say. There’s a private story, but this guy stayed with his team and he could’ve easily checked out for three or four days, and everybody would’ve understood. And he didn’t. I think we’re talking about a guy whose character is completely off the charts,” said defensive coordinator Don Brown.

With the inside linebacker position acting as the quarterback of the defense, building trust with the defensive coordinator is a must for the position. Bush’s character skills helped build a line of respect between himself and Brown. The Michigan defensive coordinator would go on to say that he thinks above and beyond of Bush as he is a player who gives everything he’s got.

The linebacker’s character has also had an effect on his teammates who can feel Bush’s aura from the locker room to the field.

“He’s always that type of guy that you always want to be around because he’s going to push you to be the best that you can be. He knows the expectations that need to be achieved, and he’s making sure everybody’s doing their job to achieve them,” says Michigan defensive end Rashan Gary

Bush recognizes his own commitment to his team mates as that was a major factor in him remaining with his teammates. The linebacker is not just a great leader among the starting 11 either, Bush is committed to helping the next generation of the Michigan defense.

“I feel like I’m needed here, my guys need me. And I need to be there for them, and for the younger guys as well because they’re going to need my help throughout this whole year. So, I just felt like it was a big decision for me to stay here and I feel like I made the right decision,” says Bush.

While Bush’s play is mostly subjective based upon one’s own conclusions from watching his tape, the conclusion of his character is more objective. From all accounts of team mates and coaches, Bush can be counted on as a guy to lead a defense, not just on the field but off the field as well.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/th...medium=twitter

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh Steelers: Devin Bush, LB, Michigan A Grade

I love this move. The Steelers have needed a replacement for Ryan Shazier ever since he suffered his horrible spinal injury on that fateful Monday night. There was no way in the world Devin Bush was going to fall to No. 20. Pittsburgh recognized that and made the jump for Bush. The Michigan product is extremely athletic and was highly productive at Michigan. He was also a team captain. He'll instantly establish himself as a team leader for Pittsburgh. I know the Steelers gave up resources to get Bush, yet the 2020 first-round pick wasn't included, which is huge. This was a move the Steelers had to make to restore their defense to its former dominance.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Can someone tell me what that strap thing is that he’s wearing?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN