Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select ILB Devin Bush in first round

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Can you name me 1 team that hasn't missed in the draft?
    Thats not the point. If the discussion turns to how they tried to make a move last season and it didn’t work out then it’s fair game to point out they totally whiffed on an available linebacker who became a force.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like the pick but hope we can get back into the second round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Itís a message board. First reactions and all that. No one is unhappy. Just talking draft. Of course everyone is rooting for the guy to be a beast. Thatís what will win games. NO ONE is doubting his talent. But itís ok to wonder if the cost was a little much. Doesnít make bad fans. No need to chastise anyone for how they feel. Geesh....
    Boom.........
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Isn't that always the case? He's going to be GREAT!! The second coming of Jack Lambert!! He's a Steeler now so that is how you have to think. We have too many negative people posting. So many complained because they didn't make a move last year. Now we have people complaining that they gave up too much. It's amazing how unhappy so many people are on this board.

The guy barely has his Steeler hat on and people are doubting him. Good Gawd, can't you folks cheer for the Steelers and be happy for one night at least?
    Agreed. I love the Steelers, but we seem to have an abundance of fans that like to complain no matter what they do.

Starter

User Info Menu

Denver's took Fant with 20th pick.

I think they go corner if they stay put at 20, but the Steelers would have had a shot at him.

Are some of you draft guys disappointed?

Brothervad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't follow college ball close enough so I have no opinion on the pick. But for those that do - is his size an issue? At the end of the day, we need speed and an impact player in the middle. but 5'11" 230ish seems smallish for the middle. I watched a little tape a few minutes ago and the consensus is this is a great player. The steelers don't make moves like this often - so I was surprised, but pleased at the aggressiveness showed at filling a hole. fingers crossed!!
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Isn't that always the case? He's going to be GREAT!! The second coming of Jack Lambert!! He's a Steeler now so that is how you have to think. We have too many negative people posting. So many complained because they didn't make a move last year. Now we have people complaining that they gave up too much. It's amazing how unhappy so many people are on this board.

The guy barely has his Steeler hat on and people are doubting him. Good Gawd, can't you folks cheer for the Steelers and be happy for one night at least?
    ^Word.

People were OK with taking Bush at 20 but not at 10, meaning he is a Top 20 but not Top 10?

Interesting that not a single CB taken in what is supposed to be a deep class.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

who's complaining?

some are questioning what we gave up and whether it was worth the move. that's a valid and reasonable discussion to have no matter what side of that you fall

we can all have different viewpoints about what the team should do in the draft, especially on a night we make a rare trade up in the 1st. jeez louise

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I like the pick but hope we can get back into the second round.
    They still have 8 picks left so I think it's possible they move back into the 2nd round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    ^Word.

People were OK with taking Bush at 20 but not at 10, meaning he is a Top 20 but not Top 10?

Interesting that not a single CB taken in what is supposed to be a deep class.
    Says a lot about the cornerback class huh?
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN