Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Devin gone

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow...........
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Hate losing our second round pick
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Hate losing our second round pick

Trading up costs. Let's hope Bush proves he is more than worth it

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not unexpected for Pick #10. Got the player they clearly wanted so I'm "All In"
    I don't disagree...it just looks like a lot.

And I guess if we want a WR in this draft, Colbert shines in finding those in the later rounds.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    I don't disagree...it just looks like a lot.

And I guess if we want a WR in this draft, Colbert shines in finding those in the later rounds.

brothervad

We have plenty of picks to work with. We could even trade back into the second round using Oakland's 3rd that we have.

Deep WR class and we aren't looking for an instant starter since we picked up Moncrief

Starter

User Info Menu

Super pumped!

Can the NFL season start next week please?

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    Super pumped!

Can the NFL season start next week please?

brothervad

July is too far away. When is rookie camp?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

By NFL standards for his position Bush is a smurf. A fast one but still a smurf. I think our first and second round picks should have been more than enough. Can someone make me feel better about this trade?
    Last edited by RobinCole; 04-25-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    By NFL standards for his position Bush is a smurf. A fast one but still a smurf. I think our first and second round picks should have been more than enough. Can someone make me feel better about this trade?
    They still get the high 3rd round pick from the Antonio Brown trade for this year and should get a compensatory pick for Le'Veon Bell for next year but it is too soon to say what it will be. So I don't think it is too great a cost. Bush is an outstanding athlete for that position. So his height should not be a huge drawback. He is still young (20 years old) so I think he still will develop physically. The thing I like about him is he is quick to recognize plays but I think he needs to gain some upper body strength.
    Last edited by Steelerphile; 04-25-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    We have to trust Colbert and Tomlin on the homework they did on him and the line backers in general. His size is a concern but we have to give our guys the benefit of the doubt. I still hope we double dip and take another linebacker in the third round. We need a Dupree replacement for next year.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN