Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are we going TE early and double dip

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

are we going TE early and double dip

Odd, we made a roster move today, we cut TE Hedges. Am I reaching on this, or we goin TE often in this draft?
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd be shocked if we drafted more than one TE.

( Which means it will probably happen )

Hodges was a PS guy ... we'll likely sign an UDFA or a cast-off from another team to take his place.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe TE is the weakest position on the team in terms of depth. I see us drafting a legit TE 2. Where that is exactly is anyone's guess.

Legend

User Info Menu

We'll take a TE, but no need to double dip. We typically keep 3 TE and we already have McDonald and Grimble. A rookie pick makes it 3, so no need to double dip. Look for somebody like Josh Oliver, Dawson Knox, or Kahale Warring in the middle rounds.

The only chance for a 2nd TE draft pick is if we used a late round pick on a different type of TE prospect...someone like Wesco from WVU who is more a blocking H-back type than a traditional TE. He could be a FB2/TE3 option in the future (even if he had to spend his rookie season on the practice squad).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Odd, we made a roster move today, we cut TE Hedges. Am I reaching on this, or we goin TE often in this draft?
    Not now; not with us moving up to get Bush.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We'll take a TE, but no need to double dip. We typically keep 3 TE and we already have McDonald and Grimble. A rookie pick makes it 3, so no need to double dip. Look for somebody like Josh Oliver, Dawson Knox, or Kahale Warring in the middle rounds.

The only chance for a 2nd TE draft pick is if we used a late round pick on a different type of TE prospect...someone like Wesco from WVU who is more a blocking H-back type than a traditional TE. He could be a FB2/TE3 option in the future (even if he had to spend his rookie season on the practice squad).
    Your mocks in your signature look valid. I think many of the names you have will be targets the next two days

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

TE in the 4th round or later I believe. I would go with Trevon Wesco, or the kid from LSU.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

20 S DARNELL SAVAGE MARYLAND
    52 OLB CHASE WINOWICH MICHIGAN
    66 WR MYLES BOYKIN NOTRE DAME
    84 RB JUSTICE HILL OKLAHOMA ST.
    123 ILB DAVID LONG JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    142 OLB MAXX CROSBY E. MICHIGAN
    176 WR GARY JENNINGS JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    194 DL DANIEL WISE KANSAS
    209 TE TREVON WESCO WEST VIRGINIA
    221K MATT GAY UTAH

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Every year fans predict TE I the first for some reason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Release of Hodges was odd unless a suspension coming or injury. Possibly day 3 pick trade for vet? If not they will draft one 3rd or 4th. Not much worry either way. After the draft, the deadline will come where FA signings don't count against formula & there will be vets released after draft. Vet Depth Puzzle pieces can be found at positions for bargains.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm thinking we pull the trigger on a TE in the 4th.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN