Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give me a bold prediction for round one tonight (not necessarily about the Steelers)

Legend

User Info Menu

Give me a bold prediction for round one tonight (not necessarily about the Steelers)

There are several other threads here for you to make predictions about what you think the Steelers might do tonight and throughout this draft weekend as a whole.

But, league-wide, give me a bold prediction for what you think might go down tonight. An unexpected big-time trade-up, a player who's had a ton of hype that might slip, a current NFL player who might change teams as a part of a draft night trade, etc.

I already posted in another thread about one of my ideas regarding what the Raiders may do with their 3 first rounders tonight...I'm going to expand on that idea a bit to kick off this thread.

Please feel free to comment on my suggestion and also to add your own hot takes below as well!

Regarding the Raiders, they lost some major players recently. They traded perhaps the best edge rusher in the league last year in Khalil Mack and then ended up with a league-low sack total in 2018 (and they weren't even close to the second-to-last team in this respect). Because of this, many folks are assuming that they will take the best available edge rusher at #4 overall...someone like Josh Allen (assuming Bosa comes off the board with the #2 or #3 pick).

It was also announced this week that Marshawn Lynch and the Raiders are parting ways. Because of this, many folks are assuming that they will take the best available bellcow type of back, and possibly the only RB to come off the board in round 1, Josh Jacobs.

And, finally, David Carr's favorite target last year was his TE Jared Cook, but he signed with the Saints this offseason. Because of this, many folks are assuming that they will take the best available TE down in the 20's. Hockenson should be long gone, they likely hope that Fant could fall into the 20's for them, but the most likely target at this point would appear to be Irv Smith.

Would anybody be surprised with Oakland came out of tonight's first round with an edge rusher in Josh Allen to help replace Mack, a RB in Josh Jacobs to help replace Lynch, and a TE in Irv Smith to help replace Cook? Seems about right. No surprises there.

We'll I'm predicting that they do not chase those most immediate team needs and instead try to do whatever it takes to create the best parts of the Buccaneer defense back in Gruden's glory days in Tampa 15 years ago. They were able to win a Super Bowl back then with a journeyman QB like Brad Johnson because they had a defense that was built around a stud player at each level of the defense (DL: Warren Sapp, LB: Derrick Brooks, DB: John Lynch).

I think they use their #4 pick to find their Sapp 2.0. If Quinnen Williams falls to #4, he's their guy, but if not, then it would be Ed Oliver.

I think they package one of their 1st round picks down in the 20's with their pick in the early 2nd round to try to move up into the top 10 to get one of the Devins to be their Brooks 2.0.

And then they use their remaining 1st round pick down in the 20's to get a hard-hitting tone setter in the secondary such as Johnathan Abram, or if he is not there, then possibly someone like Taylor Rapp.

No edge rusher, no RB, no TE in round one for the Raidahs...instead use all of the prime picks at their disposal in order to move around to obtain their new Sapp, Brooks, and Lynch at DT, LB, and SS.

Whaddaya think?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

With the # 20 pick the Steelers pick is......Fordfixer a old guy with bad knees

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Greedy is still on the board tomorrow morning.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers trade newly-signed Ben Roethlisberger to Arizona for their #1 pick, then trade back with the Raiders to get picks #4, #24 and #27. With #4 they take Devin White, at #20 they get Byron Murphy, Brian Burns at #24 and Darnell Savage at #27. The rest of the draft fills out their roster nicely, and they're set at every position -- except QB. Winning only 3 games in 2019, they set themselves up to take the best QB available in next year's draft.

OK, it's never going to happen that way, but it IS a BOLD prediction.
    2024 Mock Draft 3.0

Trade back for an extra 2nd round pick
    1) Graham Barton, C/OT, Duke
    2a) Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    2b) Luke Ohorhorro, DL, Clemson
    3) Kiran Amegadje, OT, Yale
    4) Jayden Hicks, S, Washington St
    6a) Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
    6b) Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois

Legend

User Info Menu

Arizona will not draft Kyler Murray at #1.

Starter

User Info Menu

For the second year in a row the Steelers will draft a third round talent in the first round and Steeler Nation will collectively shout out: WTF?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Arizona will not draft Kyler Murray at #1.
    Here's a bigger projection for down the road. Kyler Murray will be a #1 draft pick and will be an absolute bust in the NFL. And I'll bet most people already know this.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    For the second year in a row the Steelers will draft a third round talent in the first round and Steeler Nation will collectively shout out: WTF?
    Steelers will reach with the 20th pick and all of the league will be scratching their heads. Please dont eff this up tomlin/colbert.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Im goint to make two predictions.

1 we are going to draft a WR earlier than we thought
    2) we are going to take 2 TE and 2 WR

Legend

User Info Menu

steelers pick an offensive lineman in round 1.