Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give me a bold prediction for round one tonight (not necessarily about the Steelers)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Im goint to make two predictions.

1 we are going to draft a WR earlier than we thought
    2) we are going to take 2 TE and 2 WR
    Most of us think we draft a WR tomorrow in rounds 2 or 3. That sounds about right to me. Colbert has a pretty strong track record of taking wideouts in that range.

I think we use one of our picks this year as ammunition for a trade up, leaving us with 9 picks overall. With that, I don't see any double dipping at any particular position. I could see us using 5 picks on defense (ILB, OLB, CB, S, DL) and 4 picks on offense (WR, TE, RB, OL).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Most of us think we draft a WR tomorrow in rounds 2 or 3. That sounds about right to me. Colbert has a pretty strong track record of taking wideouts in that range.

I think we use one of our picks this year as ammunition for a trade up, leaving us with 9 picks overall. With that, I don't see any double dipping at any particular position. I could see us using 5 picks on defense (ILB, OLB, CB, S, DL) and 4 picks on offense (WR, TE, RB, OL).

Go WATCH THE AVENGERS NERD!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I want us to go after elite Defensive players in the first 2 rounds...make a statement!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Here's a bigger projection for down the road. Kyler Murray will be a #1 draft pick and will be an absolute bust in the NFL. And I'll bet most people already know this.
    and I think Kingsbury is going to be a bust as a NFL coach also...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I predict the Steelers will trade up to 10 with the Broncos and select devin Bush from michigan.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    and I think Kingsbury is going to be a bust as a NFL coach also...
    I agree with you.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Go WATCH THE AVENGERS NERD!
    JUST FOR THAT, I'M NOW GOING TO SPOIL IT FOR ALL YOU GEEKS!

Tony Stark leaves the Avengers to join the House of Stark in Westeros.

Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, and Iron Man join forces to battle Thanos, Ultron, and the White Walkers.

And then Samuel L. Jackson makes a cameo appearance.

The End(game).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I agree with you.
    I agree with MJG.