Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Conner

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    I'm thinking we paid 7 to win games for us and to win another ring for us before he rides off n not necessarily to pass lots n put up a lot of points.
    Exactly........
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ranking all 32 RB1s heading into 2019: Saquon Barkley No. 1

By Maurice Jones-Drew
    NFL.com Analyst
    Published: June 18, 2019

14 James Conner

RB
    Steelers

Ben Roethlisberger is another year older and Antonio Brown is in Oakland. The Steelers must run the ball early and often and Conner is their guy, even though recent reports suggest that there will be a committee of backs getting in on the action. He held his own last year -- ranking sixth in the league with 113.1 scrimmage yards per game -- but he'll have to be better to account for the loss of other weapons. The third-year pro will also get help from a great offensive line.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...w-articleshare

Legend

User Info Menu

Conner will be fine. I think he comes into this season having a better perspective of knowing now just what is required of him. From a physical conditioning stand point and has an outstanding season. And he's got a couple of guys who'll give him a nice breather when needed.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

James Conner: Steelers have “a great chance of going all the way”

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 1, 2019, 2:36 PM EDT

Steelers running back James Conner has high hopes for Pittsburgh’s chances in 2019.

Conner told NFL Media that he sees no reason the Steelers can’t win the Super Bowl at the end of this season.

“Not guaranteeing nothing but I think we have a great chance of going all the way,” Conner said. “That’s what we play for, that’s why we show up every day, that’s the ultimate goal, is to get a ring. I know that’s a lot of people don’t think that we can do it, with the pieces that we lost, and just counting us out. We don’t mind it, though. We know that they’re counting us out, but that’s why I said we’re going to shock them because I don’t think they expect us to do what we’re about to do this year.”

After making the playoffs four straight years, the Steelers took a step backward and missed the postseason last year. Whether they have a “great chance” of winning the Super Bowl or not is debatable, but Conner says his team is heading into the 2019 season with confidence.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/01/james-conner-steelers-have-a-great-chance-of-going-all-the-way/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ranking all 32 RB1s heading into 2019: Saquon Barkley No. 1

By Maurice Jones-Drew
    NFL.com Analyst
    Published: June 18, 2019

14 James Conner

RB
    Steelers

Ben Roethlisberger is another year older and Antonio Brown is in Oakland. The Steelers must run the ball early and often and Conner is their guy, even though recent reports suggest that there will be a committee of backs getting in on the action. He held his own last year -- ranking sixth in the league with 113.1 scrimmage yards per game -- but he'll have to be better to account for the loss of other weapons. The third-year pro will also get help from a great offensive line.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...w-articleshare
    Jones-Drew has some kind of beef over the Steelers.... I pretty much discount everything he has to say.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Jones-Drew has some kind of beef over the Steelers.... I pretty much discount everything he has to say.
    yeah, Jones-Drew is good friends with Le'Veon Bell and recently predicted a 7-9 season for the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

yeah, Jones-Drew is good friends with Le'Veon Bell and recently predicted a 7-9 season for the Steelers.
    With Jones-Drew hyping Bell and Carr CONSTANTLY spewing about the bromance between his brother and AB, NFL Network has become almost unwatchable.
    Can't wait for the season to start so we (yes, I said WE) can shut these jackasses up

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    With Jones-Drew hyping Bell and Carr CONSTANTLY spewing about the bromance between his brother and AB, NFL Network has become almost unwatchable.
    Can't wait for the season to start so we (yes, I said WE) can shut these jackasses up
    Who is Jones- Drew? And the Carr brothers?...please.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why would anyone be shocked or surprised that a RB is cheering for a RB.

Seems like you usually have 2 types of players turned analyst. They either love their position and make excuses for them or they go to the other end of the spectrum and are super critical of their team/position to appear neutral.

Steve Smith is always accused of being a hater by Panther fans for his opinions of the team now that he is in the studio.

Legend

User Info Menu

James Conner: Antonio Brown, Le’Veon Bell departures made us closer

Posted by Mike Florio on July 2, 2019, 10:38 AM EDT

The Steelers will move forward in 2019 without receiver Antonio Brown or running back Le'Veon Bell. The team hopes that it will be addition by subtraction.

“I think only time will tell,” Steelers running back James Conner told #PFTPM on Monday. “I think we became closer maybe because of everything. Throughout OTAs and minicamp, it was fun to see the guys. You know, come into the facility, excited to be there, the interactions and the relationships. They’ve all been great so far. Great vibes within our organization. We’re excited about the future, man.”

The future will include constant external comparisons between what the Steelers are doing without Brown and Bell, and what Brown and Bell are doing without the Steelers. The current Steelers players won’t be paying attention to that.

“We always have respect for those guys,” Conner said of Brown and Bell. “Those are our former teammates. They’re great people as well as football players. Worrying about what they’re doing in their states and teams, that can’t help us none. We hope they do well and wish the best for them, but that can’t help us at all. That’s behind us.”

What’s in front of the Steelers is an opportunity to band together, to find motivation in the noise, and to overachieve, after a couple of seasons of perceived underachievement.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/02/james-conner-antonio-brown-leveon-bell-departures-made-us-closer/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.