Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yup, like Ben he won his when the defense was stellar and the offense was middling.
    That is why ESPECIALLY if you are paying franchice QB dough (and it IS the most important position) you cant afford to pay elite coin to skill players.

Invest heavily in positions that are most important to winning championships.
    I already pointed out that any QB's salary that takes up 13 percent or more of the cap hasn't won a Super Bowl since 1994.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I already pointed out that any QB's salary that takes up 13 percent or more of the cap hasn't won a Super Bowl since 1994.
    I think you're right on that. Not sure what the percentage is but there must be some level that is too high for QBs

Legend

User Info Menu

A very telling stat surrounds Ben and the artist currently self promoting himself as “Mr. Big Chest”, our estranged friend Antonio Brown. Ten of Ben’s 16 interceptions were passes intended for No. 84. That equates to a percentage of 62.5%.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...-antonio-brown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    A very telling stat surrounds Ben and the artist currently self promoting himself as “Mr. Big Chest”, our estranged friend Antonio Brown. Ten of Ben’s 16 interceptions were passes intended for No. 84. That equates to a percentage of 62.5%.

Brown made the magic happen enough times with unbelievable catches that I think Ben threw a lot of balls to him that he would otherwise not have thrown.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

I have no idea but I would think most QB’s throw more INT’s to their #1 WR than to any other player.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Brown made the magic happen enough times with unbelievable catches that I think Ben threw a lot of balls to him that he would otherwise not have thrown.
    I think the question this season will be:
    - Does Ben keep lobbing up the same balls to JuJu, or is he more conservative eating the ball or dumping it off?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    - Does Ben keep lobbing up the same balls to JuJu, or is he more conservative eating the ball or dumping it off?
    If Ben wants to be conservative and dump it off, he has the guys he can do that with that can make something happen after a short catch.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 05-24-2019 at 06:38 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Just find the dude who's open, man. Between Vance, Moncrief, Washington, Johnson, Rogers, Switzer, Conner, Samuels, etc. someone will get himself open so Ben doesn't have to force things to Juju like he once did to appease AB's massive ego.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Just find the dude who's open, man. Between Vance, Moncrief, Washington, Johnson, Rogers, Switzer, Conner, Samuels, etc. someone will get himself open so Ben doesn't have to force things to Juju like he once did to appease AB's massive ego.
    I hope that Ben learns to take what the D gives him too. But, I don't think that's been his MO. And that's given us his best moments (and his worst ones).

Legend

User Info Menu

I don’t see any problem in Ben just taking what the defense gives him now; we don’t have ACB crying for catches anymore. I think Ben surprises everybody with a low interception number this year. Which can be directly attributed to the subtraction of Brown.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN