Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

I just saw that Ben is making 30 mil + a year. At least that is what bleacher report is saying. So we are out the running to a win a Super Bowl this year based on if a qb makes 13 percent or more of a team’s salary cap.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-24-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-steelers-2021

Roethlisberger is expected to make well over $30 million in each of the two new years, 2020 and 2021, a source told ESPN. He will still make $12 million as his 2019 base salary.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-steelers-2021

Roethlisberger is expected to make well over $30 million in each of the two new years, 2020 and 2021, a source told ESPN. He will still make $12 million as his 2019 base salary.
    Let’s get it done THIS year then Tomlin!!
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Starter

User Info Menu

I guess I never really think much anymore of the "hometown discount" thing. I also never equated BB to TB as far as taking less to give the team more flexibility to win. So I am not outraged or shocked.

The thing is...I have never been a Ben fan or hater. I just think of him as a highly talented future hall of fame QB that like most human beings is driven by self-interests.

And while he may have a different approach than others (behind the scene vs making a big stink about getting paid) he really is out to get paid.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the former to the latter as a fan, but I never thought of BB in terms of Mother Theresa.

So I can give out a big "Meh" to this.

brothervad

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    you mean like the pick Tom Brady (G.O.A.T.) threw in KC that was nullified by a Dee Ford offsides call?

Please.

brothervad
    The deflected pass that was intercepted?

That’s the INT you are comparing to the one I mentioned that was an ill advised jump ball?

At least you could’ve used the Haden desperation interception by Brady.

The point though is Ben’s jump ball wasn’t a desperation pass. It as just a dumb decision.

Even the best QB’s throw INT’s... I won’t deny that.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 04-24-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    AND...The 76 team was viewed as the best...6 shutouts...Lost Franco AND Bleier for the playoffs or your PROBABLY looking at 5 out of 6!
    76’ defense was insane. One of the greatest defenses to not win a championship. If not one of the greatest all time in any year.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    The deflected pass that was intercepted?

Thatís the INT you are comparing to the one I mentioned that was an ill advised jump ball?

At least you couldíve used the Haden desperation interception by Brady.

The point though is Benís jump ball wasnít a desperation pass. It as just a dumb decision.
    How about Russell Wilson in the superbowl?

Maybe it was a bad example (honestly I must misremember it as a bad pick).

My only point is franchise QB's make bad decisions. Even the GOAT...using your example.

I think it's both their greatest strength and weakness.

Brothervad

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    How about Russell Wilson in the superbowl?

Maybe it was a bad example (honestly I must misremember it as a bad pick).

My only point is franchise QB's make bad decisions. Even the GOAT...using your example.

I think it's both their greatest strength and weakness.

Brothervad
    First off, it was in the SB. Second, it was a stupid play call by Pete Carroll.

My point is Ben has more unforced INT’s than most QB’s at this stage of his career.

How many picks did he have in the Cleveland game to start the year?

I just think he is too careless with the ball, especially in the RZ.

I’m not feeling good about paying a QB 30 mill at his age.

Legend

User Info Menu

My point is Ben has more unforced INT’s than most QB’s at this stage of his career.

I’m not feeling good about paying a QB 30 mill at his age.
    Let's give him another good red zone target other then Juju and commit to running the ball more in the red zone. Get Samuels involved down there as well on third downs. That will help our offense all the way around.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Starter

User Info Menu

My point is Ben has more unforced INTís than most QBís at this stage of his career.

Iím not feeling good about paying a QB 30 mill at his age.
    First off, it was in the SB.
    So what? The waning seconds of the Denver game may have led Ben to try and force a ball into the wrong place @ Denver

Second, it was a stupid play call by Pete Carroll.
    So what again? You don't think other teams/other coaches/other QB's don't get stupid play calls? You chide BB, but won't criticize Wilson for forcing something that isn't there? It was a poor throw (to far to the front of his WR), and it was a bad decision.

I used this example because I wanted to see if you gave any blame to another franchise QB. I would've been fine with your first two points if you would've conceded that a franchise QB needs to make better decisions than what RW did.

In the past, I did not completely bought in to the bias against Ben that you has been stated here by others, but it's getting harder and harder to not see it.

brothervad