Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I don't/wouldn't. What's the alternative? Rudolph? Ben had statistically the best year of his career last year.

Alternative is letting Ben play out this year and then seeing if Rudolph is legit. If he stinks we will have a high pick in the next draft to grab a QB.

Maybe I’m completely wrong and this team is SB bound but I have a feeling we are entering a rebuilding phase.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If Ben gets one more ring, IYO, is he greater than Terry Bradshaw in Steeler lore?

No. We care about SB rings right? Bradshaw has 4 in 8 years. That’s legendary status.

Ben definitely has the stats but I think until you get 4 rings you will always be second to Terry.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    and we missed the playoffs.
    Wasn't Ben's fault the defense couldn't preserve a big lead over the Chargers was it? Was it Ben's fault that Tomlin didn't put him back in until the very end of the game (against the Raiders) although Ben was standing there with his helmet ready to go for a while? Wasn't Ben's fault on the field goal kicker missing all those kicks? Come on Oh wow; be a little bit more fair in assessing why we missed the playoffs. Ben had a very good year.

You can blame him for the pick in Denver at the goal line (play call should have been three straight gives to a runningback) but our problem last year had to do with defense (or lack there of in the secondary) and a kicker who had to make at least half of the ones he missed.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-24-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Starter

User Info Menu

No. We care about SB rings right? Bradshaw has 4 in 8 years. That’s legendary status.
    Actually, Bradshaw earned four rings in six years.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Actually, Bradshaw earned four rings in six years.
    AND...The 76 team was viewed as the best...6 shutouts...Lost Franco AND Bleier for the playoffs or your PROBABLY looking at 5 out of 6!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Alternative is letting Ben play out this year and then seeing if Rudolph is legit. If he stinks we will have a high pick in the next draft to grab a QB.
    I’m thankful the Steelers are not following this plan. Very thankful....

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben was never one to complain about his past contracts was he????
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Wasn't Ben's fault the defense couldn't preserve a big lead over the Chargers was it? Was it Ben's fault that Tomlin didn't put him back in until the very end of the game (against the Raiders) although Ben was standing there with his helmet ready to go for a while? Wasn't Ben's fault on the field goal kicker missing all those kicks? Come on Oh wow; be a little bit more fair in assessing why we missed the playoffs. Ben had a very good year.

You can blame him for the pick in Denver at the goal line (play call should have been three straight gives to a runningback) but our problem last year had to do with defense (or lack there of in the secondary) and a kicker who had to make at least half of the ones he missed.
    I’m not blaming him for every loss. Just pointing out that individual stats don’t mean jack when we miss the playoffs.

I prefer an offense that doesn’t abandon the run and throws the ball 60 times a game.

and my issue isn’t the one throw in Denver. It’s the stupid throws that a vet shouldn’t make. I can’t remember the opponent but one time last year Ben threw a jump ball in the red zone and it was probably the worst decision I have ever seen a QB make.

Starter

User Info Menu

Iím not blaming him for every loss. Just pointing out that individual stats donít mean jack when we miss the playoffs.

I prefer an offense that doesnít abandon the run and throws the ball 60 times a game.

and my issue isnít the one throw in Denver. Itís the stupid throws that a vet shouldnít make. I canít remember the opponent but one time last year Ben threw a jump ball in the red zone and it was probably the worst decision I have ever seen a QB make.
    you mean like the pick Tom Brady (G.O.A.T.) threw in KC that was nullified by a Dee Ford offsides call?

Please.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that stats dont mean jack
    I also think Ben needs to make some smarter decisions.
    We still need Ben to be a part of this team and his play last year proved he isnt on the decline nor should he not have been extended.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.