Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Predict the 1st Pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    And Schaffer reporting on ESPN Twitter Steelers making calls to get inside top 10. Slide Devins Slide!!!! Murray go 1 & Giants panic& go QB at 6...Say it could be so!
    Yinz need to quit dreaming on the White thing.....too many other teams with same wants.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Top 5 would get you White. Top 10 would get you Bush.

Legend

User Info Menu

Devin Bush

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Devin Bush
    lol..........

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Personally, I'd only trade up for White if he happens to fall out of the top 5 area.

I'd trade up for Hockenson if he happens to fall out of the top 10 area.

I wouldn't trade up into the top 10 for Bush (maybe if he falls down toward the middle of round one, I'd explore moving up a few slots, but that's about it).

Rather than giving up a prime pick to get Bush in the top 10 or so, I'd rather stay put at #20 (take Burns or Murphy or whoever falls...I'm not necessarily married to the idea of needing a first round ILB unless we have a reasonable shot at a true difference maker like White). Then maybe we could address ILB with a subsequent pick such as Mack Wilson in round 2, Germaine Pratt in round 3, or David Long in round 4.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    A borderline 1st rounder before the combine.

A top ten pick after.

I don't like that at all.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    A borderline 1st rounder before the combine.

A top ten pick after.

I don't like that at all.
    you're right, all because he performed well at the Underwear Olympics.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Personally, I'd only trade up for White if he happens to fall out of the top 5 area.

I wouldn't trade up into the top 10 for Bush (maybe if he falls down toward the middle of round one, I'd explore moving up a few slots, but that's about it).

Rather than giving up a prime pick to get Bush in the top 10 or so, I'd rather stay put at #20 (take Burns or Murphy or whoever falls...I'm not necessarily married to the idea of needing a first round ILB unless we have a reasonable shot at a true difference maker like White). Then maybe we could address ILB with a subsequent pick such as Mack Wilson in round 2, Germaine Pratt in round 3, or David Long in round 4.
    I totally agree. I think they’ll need to discuss a trade with the Jets if they’re high on White. Unfortunately I think they’re equally high on Bush and would give up a lot to get him. A move into the top 10 is too much.

Administrator

User Info Menu

These are my thoughts exactly except that I wouldn't trade up for Hockenson.

With that said, I would have no problem with Hockenson at 20.

I would only trade up for someone like White or Ed Oliver.

If Murphy, Bush, White (likely), Oliver (likely), Hockenson are all unavailable at 10 then I go Ferrell, Greedy or someone like that.

Stay away from Savage, Ya-Sin, etc that weren't even in the picture as 1st rounders prior to the combine and pro days.

I'd stay away from Burns as well.

BPA! Don't reach.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yinz need to quit dreaming on the White thing.....too many other teams with same wants.

Lol
    So many things can happen. Murray goes 1. Giants thinking take a defensive player at 6 & see if a QB falls to 17. Maybe Rosen trade their net. Cardinals call them after pick says others have called about Rosen. Price goes up. Maybe Giants panic. Is Arians happy with Winston at the helm? Maybe Dolphins jump ahead of Giants for QB. Dark horse...Bengals..What if QB is actually their target and/or they move up in the shuffle. Maybe if Maybe if Maybe lol All I know is QB QB QB...Let the Dominos fall. That's the only thing that will put a Devin in reach & save us picks. I'll give up 20, 52, & 2020 3. I'll even give up 20, 52, 2020 2 for white.