Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the 1st Pick

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    I've seen quite a few with Noah Fant...No way the Steelers are taking a WR...In the FIRST round, Who doesn't block...Just take a much " better " WR then!
    If we stay at 20 then that is my pick for sure. Helps Juju by keep the safeties honest. Helps Connor by keeping the safeties honest. I bet he'll block better than McDonald does too. Offense has FIFTEEN TDs to make up for and Ben needs help in the red zone to make that happen. Fant WILL help us win this year. Unlike a round 1 CB who MIGHT help us win this year.
    Believe In Now

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Rock Ya Sin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Rock Ya Sin
    Just wondering if Murphy and Greedy are off the board on your mock? I’m not sold on Murphy but I am on Greedy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    If we stay at 20 then that is my pick for sure. Helps Juju by keep the safeties honest. Helps Connor by keeping the safeties honest. I bet he'll block better than McDonald does too. Offense has FIFTEEN TDs to make up for and Ben needs help in the red zone to make that happen. Fant WILL help us win this year. Unlike a round 1 CB who MIGHT help us win this year.
    I've seen zero evidence to convince me that Noah Fant could be anywhere close to as good as Vance McDonald as a blocker.

Frankly, I think you'd get a better blocker and route runner and pass catcher by taking WR N'Keal Harry over TE Noah Fant.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yinz need to quit dreaming on the White thing.....too many other teams with same wants.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Rock Ya Sin
    I'm suddenly seeing him on a lot of mocks to us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’m not sold on Murphy but I am on Greedy.
    I'm the opposite. I’m not sold on Greedy but I am on Murphy.

Greedy's taller and faster and should appeal to teams that just ask their corners to just man up on the guy opposite him.

Murphy may not be a track star that we've been trying to convert to a corner in recent years, but I think that's a good thing.

Murphy is scheme diverse, has a high football IQ, is instinctive, competitive, tough...just an all around football player who also happens to be a ball hawking cornerback as well.

Murphy may not be the tall, blazing fast guy who jumps out of the gym like Greedy does.

But he's also not too short, too slow, or completely lacking in athleticism either.

He can keep up with you, get in your face, and just play ball.

I think Greedy is a guy like Antonio Cromartie, who can cover people, but then just conveniently gets out of the way when the time comes to tackle someone.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northcoast View Post
    yinz need to quit dreaming on the white thing.....
    never!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    never!!!!!
    Well, maybe after this all actually goes down tonight.

But until then...sing with me, sing for the years, sing for the laughter, sing for the tears...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    I think McDonald is a good blocker at TE. Biggest issue with him is health, IMO.