Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 91

Thread: Predict the 1st Pick

  1. #81
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Arians hasn’t been shy about his man crush on White.

  2. #82
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    A borderline 1st rounder before the combine.

    A top ten pick after.

    I don't like that at all.
    I don't necessarily dislike Bush. He's a dynamic player and could be just what we need in the middle of our defense.

    I'd celebrate if Bush fell to us at #20.

    I'd be still happy with the pick if we traded up into the mid-to-late teens for him.

    He's just not necessarily a guy I would want to risk giving up what it would take to get into that top 10 area to obtain.

    There are guys I would be able to take that risk for, but Bush is just not one of them for me.

    If we do get him, though, wherever we get him, I'll still root for him to succeed beyond our wildest imagination.

    But I will likely mourn losing those prime picks if we give up a significant haul to obtain him.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  3. #83
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't necessarily dislike Bush. He's a dynamic player and could be just what we need in the middle of our defense.

    I'd celebrate if Bush fell to us at #20.

    I'd be still happy with the pick if we traded up into the mid-to-late teens for him.

    He's just not necessarily a guy I would want to risk giving up what it would take to get into that top 10 area to obtain.

    There are guys I would be able to take that risk for, but Bush is just not one of them for me.

    If we do get him, though, wherever we get him, I'll still root for him to succeed beyond our wildest imagination.

    But I will likely mourn losing those prime picks if we give up a significant haul to obtain him.
    Absolutely. I wouldn't mind Bush at 20 either.

    I wouldnt mind a trade up to the mid to late teens either if the FO likes him that much.

    I just don't think he's a top ten pick. Someone with the athleticism he has shouldn't have his mediocre stats.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

  4. #84
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'd stay away from Burns as well.

    BPA! Don't reach.
    I don't think Burns would be a reach. He seems to have everything we'd be looking for in a pass rushing OLB. It might take a little bit of time for him to fully develop his game in terms of setting the edge vs. the run, but early on in his career, he could be quite useful as a situational rusher on passing downs. I certainly prefer Burns as an OLB prospect to Greedy as a CB prospect in our defense.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  5. #85
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    According to Schefter, Steelers are making calls to see about moving up into the top 10, likely looking to get LB. https://steelersdepot.com/2019/04/sc...-into-top-ten/

  6. #86
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Bush borderline 1st before combine because of fear of height & length. Think he would be 5'10" with TRex arms because of it..Not good for off ball LB. Coming in 5'11" with 32" arms & larger wingspan then White negates that. Add in the athletic workout that mirrored White. He's right there with him.


    What seperates the two is a coachable trait. Bush will have to learn to play with heavier hands & engage rather then rely on his athleticism & run around blocks or shoot ankles. What I believe the Steelers like better is what Bush did at Michigan. They had confidence play Bush more in space in coverage.. theres more tape on that. Bush was also on the edge of the box with matchups & you can attribute lower TFL to some of that. I think White is as capable in that area just didn't see as much. So Bush isn't an all that bad consolation prize for a discount knowing what he is capable of.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 04-25-2019 at 03:14 PM.

  7. #87
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Call Detroit since they are looking. I would try first trading 20, 52, 2020 3rd for 8.


    If they want 2019 picks trade 20, 52, 66 for their 8 & 88.


    Either way you get a Devin, more then likely Bush, and still have 2 3rds. Now of course it's a bidders pick so you may have to go more & that will be KC decision on worth.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 04-25-2019 at 03:39 PM.

  8. #88
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't think Burns would be a reach. He seems to have everything we'd be looking for in a pass rushing OLB. It might take a little bit of time for him to fully develop his game in terms of setting the edge vs. the run, but early on in his career, he could be quite useful as a situational rusher on passing downs. I certainly prefer Burns as an OLB prospect to Greedy as a CB prospect in our defense.
    I worry a bit about guys with Burns frame. Needs to bulk up.

    He's not a big reach though. He has always been considered a potential 1st rounder.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

  9. #89
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    price is too steep to move up for Bush, imo

  10. #90
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    price is too steep to move up for Bush, imo
    Agreed. But Colbert and Tomlin may well do it anyway.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •