Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 91

Thread: Predict the 1st Pick

  1. #31
    Rookie

    User Info Menu

    1.08 ILB Devin Bush
    3.66 S Juan Thornhill
    4.112 WR Jalen Hurd
    4.122 TE Foster Moreau
    6.207 DE John Cominsky
    7.219 P Tyler Newsome

    2.52 Trade-Up Ammo
    3.83 Trade-Up Ammo
    6.175 Trade-Up Ammo
    6.192 Trade-Up Ammo

    Why do people think we need a round 1 CB? Yeah, Joe Haden's contract expires this year, but who says he's not interested in an extension? He just turned 30, so he's got at least a good 3, maybe 4 years left in him. If you draft a CB in round 1, that however will all but guarantee that Haden will not re-sign here as you just slapped him in the face saying he's not good enough. Burns still has a chance and we can sign some depth in Sensabaugh for insurance. And I mean, this year of CBs has been talked of being weak in the first place. That with the fact that CBs seem to have the highest 1st round bust ratio..... Makes noooo sense.

    I'm between an impact playmaker on D in Bush or an impact playmaker on O in Hockenson via a Polamaluesque trade-up. It's a tough decision, but because Hockenson's first name is two syllables and can't be used for a good chant like Heath was, I'm going to have to take Bush.
    Last edited by Sager; 04-24-2019 at 06:43 PM.
    Believe In Now

  2. #32
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Devin White. Yeah, I said it. I'm calling my shot. With Ed Oliver vaulting himself into legit top 5 consideration, and also with Washington considering trading up from 15 to get ahead of the Giants for a QB as well, White falls down to #8 and we trade up with Detroit. Since we have 3 picks on day two of the draft this year after the AB trade, and expect to have 3 picks on day two of the draft next year due to a Bell compensatory pick, we can give up a day two pick this year and next year to get up there. Yeah buddy. Never give up hope.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  3. #33
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Bush at 20 or trade up.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    20 S DARNELL SAVAGE MARYLAND
    52 OLB CHASE WINOWICH MICHIGAN
    66 WR MYLES BOYKIN NOTRE DAME
    84 RB JUSTICE HILL OKLAHOMA ST.
    123 ILB DAVID LONG JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    142 OLB MAXX CROSBY E. MICHIGAN
    176 WR GARY JENNINGS JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    194 DL DANIEL WISE KANSAS
    209 TE TREVON WESCO WEST VIRGINIA
    221K MATT GAY UTAH

  4. #34
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Bush is too risky at #8 to trade up that high, but I would sell the house to get White, Oliver, and somewhat Sweat, Burns.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."



  5. #35
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    1.08 ILB Devin Bush
    3.66 S Juan Thornhill
    4.112 WR Jalen Hurd
    4.122 TE Foster Moreau
    6.207 DE John Cominsky
    7.219 P Tyler Newsome

    2.52 Trade-Up Ammo
    3.83 Trade-Up Ammo
    6.175 Trade-Up Ammo
    6.192 Trade-Up Ammo

    Why do people think we need a round 1 CB? Yeah, Joe Haden's contract expires this year, but who says he's not interested in an extension? He just turned 30, so he's got at least a good 3, maybe 4 years left in him. If you draft a CB in round 1, that however will all but guarantee that Haden will not re-sign here as you just slapped him in the face saying he's not good enough. Burns still has a chance and we can sign some depth in Sensabaugh for insurance. And I mean, this year of CBs has been talked of being weak in the first place. That with the fact that CBs seem to have the highest 1st round bust ratio..... Makes noooo sense.

    I'm between an impact playmaker on D in Bush or an impact playmaker on O in Hockenson via a Polamaluesque trade-up. It's a tough decision, but because Hockenson's first name is two syllables and can't be used for a good chant like Heath was, I'm going to have to take Bush.
    Did you really just mention Burns AND Sensabaugh...These are the type players we need to move on from...And why we are so terrible in our secondary

  6. #36
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Devin White. Yeah, I said it. I'm calling my shot. With Ed Oliver vaulting himself into legit top 5 consideration, and also with Washington considering trading up from 15 to get ahead of the Giants for a QB as well, White falls down to #8 and we trade up with Detroit. Since we have 3 picks on day two of the draft this year after the AB trade, and expect to have 3 picks on day two of the draft next year due to a Bell compensatory pick, we can give up a day two pick this year and next year to get up there. Yeah buddy. Never give up hope.
    Every time I think I’m out, you pull me back in! I hope you’re right....

  7. #37
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Devin White. Yeah, I said it. I'm calling my shot. With Ed Oliver vaulting himself into legit top 5 consideration, and also with Washington considering trading up from 15 to get ahead of the Giants for a QB as well, White falls down to #8 and we trade up with Detroit. Since we have 3 picks on day two of the draft this year after the AB trade, and expect to have 3 picks on day two of the draft next year due to a Bell compensatory pick, we can give up a day two pick this year and next year to get up there. Yeah buddy. Never give up hope.
    That is what I was thinking when heard that Washington wants to trade up for him... could there be a mad rush for Haskins? Where he goes in the top 5? Are the Jets most likely to trade?

    1)Az) Murray
    2)SF) Bosa
    3)@@@@ Trade Washington@@@@ Haskins
    4)raiders) Oliver
    5)TB ) Allen
    6)Giants) OT
    7)jags) OT
    Detroit @@@@@ Trade STEELERS@@@@@ Rock ( I am kidding).... White
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."



  8. #38
    Rookie

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Did you really just mention Burns AND Sensabaugh...These are the type players we need to move on from...And why we are so terrible in our secondary
    If we never signed Nelson then I'd agree with you, but we have two starting cornerbacks and a good starting slot cornerback. Having Burns, Sensabaugh, and Sutton is plenty enough depth IMO. At least enough to negate using another first round pick on.
    Believe In Now

  9. #39
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I would love Burns, Sweat or Ferrell to fall to #20.

    If not, then back to the original idea...Baker or Murphy.
    2019 Steelers draft results
    -------------------------------------------
    Round 1- Devin Bush, ILB; Michigan
    Round 3a- Diontae Johnson, WR; Toledo
    Round 3b- Justin Layne, CB; Michigan State
    Round 4- Benny Snell Jr., RB; Kentucky
    Round 5- Zach Gentry, TE; Michigan
    Round 6a- Sutton Smith, OLB; Northern Illnois
    Round 6b- Isaiah Buggs, DT; Alabama
    Round 6c- Ulysses Gilbert III, ILB; Akron
    Round 7- Derwin Gray, OG; Maryland

  10. #40
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Greedy Williams
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •