Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the 1st Pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Predict the 1st Pick

Assumption: We stay at #20

CLELLIN FERREL--I think both the Devin's will be gone and Ferrel is a tremendous talent and probably too good to pass on. Reminds me of Javon Kearse. I know it is an "out of box" pick but I have the same feeling I had when I predicted they would take Shazier. But then I get those feelings all the time when I play the lottery too

Seriously, this guy would be a great addition, Talent. Character. The whole package

Legend

User Info Menu

Brian Burns is my prediction
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Assumption: We stay at #20

CLELLIN FERREL--I think both the Devin's will be gone and Ferrel is a tremendous talent and probably too good to pass on. Reminds me of Javon Kearse. I know it is an "out of box" pick but I have the same feeling I had when I predicted they would take Shazier. But then I get those feelings all the time when I play the lottery too

Seriously, this guy would be a great addition, Talent. Character. The whole package
    If Bush is gone , and we stay at 20, I too think Ferrel is the pick. He’s seems to be a difference maker and lord knows we need a few of those on defense. And has all the intangibles too in character and leadership.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not my preference but I can see Bryon Murphy being the pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Not my preference but I can see Bryon Murphy being the pick.
    I was thinking the same. He seems to be mocked to us a lot.

Starter

User Info Menu

Sweat, Burns, or Ferrell.....Or a trade down...

* Sleeper...Dexter Lawrence

Legend

User Info Menu

Colbert better get the first pick right. Get a guy who’s going to help our defense.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I was thinking the same. He seems to be mocked to us a lot.
    I saw where Murphy posted a pic of himself in a Steelers jersey yesterday so apparently he’s very interested in getting the job.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would much prefer one of the possible edge players of ferrell, burns, or sweat to any of the CBs of williams, baker, ya sin, or Murphy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Sweat, Burns, or Ferrell.....Or a trade down...

* Sleeper...Dexter Lawrence
    Were you the one who was all over one of the 1,000 mocks I did, when I had Dexter as our 1st pick?

You know he feels right, our weakness is middle of D, and he is hell of a load to start up the middle.
    Add youth to our DL. Can use split reps with Hargrave, and HArgrave can spell the DEs. Can also have a sub package 4-3.
    Keeps our ILB cleaner.

But he got busted with PEDS.. Soooo....
    Last edited by steeler_george; 04-24-2019 at 09:43 AM.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."