Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the 1st Pick

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Just wondering if Murphy and Greedy are off the board on your mock? Iím not sold on Murphy but I am on Greedy.
    Greedy has too many question marks and doesn't like to tackle/ Murphy is probably the most polished CB but has not played any press man. Rock Ya Sin checks all the boxes and someone I trust inherently (probably my oldest friend in the business) is absolutely convinced he will be the pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Well, maybe after this all actually goes down tonight.

But until then...sing with me, sing for the years, sing for the laughter, sing for the tears...
    Iím hoping for a miracle but it doesnít look good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just read Dulac's chat, and he is usually plugged in. He doesn't think it will be a pass rusher. Said that most of the Steelers top 20 are defensive players, but that there is a TE in the mix. Also said they really like Savage, but not at 20. He doesn't see Rock Ya-Sin as the pick, either.

I'll go out on a limb and predict Hockenson, or if he's gone, Byron Murphy. My third guess is a trade down for Savage.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Just read Dulac's chat, and he is usually plugged in. He doesn't think it will be a pass rusher. Said that most of the Steelers top 20 are defensive players, but that there is a TE in the mix. Also said they really like Savage, but not at 20. He doesn't see Rock Ya-Sin as the pick, either.

I'll go out on a limb and predict Hockenson, or if he's gone, Byron Murphy. My third guess is a trade down for Savage.
    They’d have to trade up to get Hockenson. Murphy should be around at 20. If they stay at 20 I feel pretty confident they’ll go CB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Rock Ya Sin
    I get that Tomlin likes him, but I think he's a reach at #20.

Course, we've been reaching for DBs in recent drafts (Edmunds, Burns, Golson), so I guess it fits the pattern.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Trade up for Bush is plan A. They will start to target him the pick White comes off the board.

No Devin, Hock, Sweat, Burns..Sitting at 20 I think it comes down to Ferrell or Murphy. Proday Brass...Edge Ferrell.

Saying that...

CBs: Greedy high ceiling low floor...Outside. Baker high floor low ceiling...Outside. Murphy Inside/Outside high floor because of flexibility & his ceiling higher then Baker lower than Greedy. That's how I see them.

Rocks Triangles are worse than LBs..I'll pass at 20 take at 52.

Savage "could" be pick at 20 if others off board. He can play Single High safety & slot. Gives secondary lots of flexibility. I'm ok with that.

Fant may be BPA at 20. Since Steelers run lots of 12 he would be flex-motion TE. McD inline. Adds a nice dynamic to offense. Would keep S between the seams. Help take double off JuJu & puts a LB on McD...More mismatch. And consider if McD goes down??? So pick makes sense on that level too. Rather have Hock but he won't be there at 20 so if he's BPA I'm ok with that.

Im a Harry fan. I think his game translates best at Top of WR. I only see him & AJ as 1st. I be ok with him if BPA but I don't see how he will be.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 04-25-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Im a Harry fan. I think his game translates best at Top of WR. I only see him & AJ as 1st
    I see it the same way. I think N'Keal Harry and A.J. Brown could be legit WR1 types on their new teams. I have them ahead of Marquise Brown and D.K. Metcalf, who I think could offer big plays on this level like Desean Jackson or Mike Wallace have, but I think of them more as a complementary piece for a team that already has a go-to guy than a go-to guy himself. I think Deebo Samuel could develop into a Golden Tate or Juju type of player at the next level.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And Schaffer reporting on ESPN Twitter Steelers making calls to get inside top 10. Slide Devins Slide!!!! Murray go 1 & Giants panic& go QB at 6...Say it could be so!
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 04-25-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    And Schaffer reporting on ESPN Twitter Steelers making calls to get inside top 10. Slide Devins Slide!!!! Murray go 1 & Giants panic& go QB at 6...Say it could be so!
    Be still my heart!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

I sure hope the TE that's in the mix is Hockenson. I wouldn't be willing to give up a 2nd this year and 3rd next year like I would to get a Devin White, but I'd be amenable to making a trade for him similar to the Santonio and Troy trades of the past (3rd & 4th and 3rd & 6th, respectively).

Having Hock and Vance together would make an awesome, versatile 2 TE offense that we could run or pass from (and then WR wouldn't be such a high priority if we are not running as many 3- or 4-wide sets on a regular basis...we should be okay with Juju, Moncrief, Washington, Rogers, Switzer, and a later round wideout). This would allow us to use most of the remaining picks after Hock to address the defense.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.