Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 91

Thread: Predict the 1st Pick

  1. #41
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Byron Murphy or Bush
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

  2. #42
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I’ve seen some late mocks that have the Steelers taking Rock Ya-Sin. That would be depressing.

  3. #43
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I predict that the Steelers first pick....will not be #20.

  4. #44
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I predict that the Steelers first pick....will not be #20.
    I’d call the Jets to see if a trade could be worked out. Anything minus a 2020 first round pick would be on the table. I want White and he’ll be gone by 5 or 6. I’m tired of seeing our current ILBs lost in space.

  5. #45
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’m tired of seeing our current ILBs lost in space.
    Danger, Will Robinson!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  6. #46
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’d call the Jets to see if a trade could be worked out. Anything minus a 2020 first round pick would be on the table. I want White and he’ll be gone by 5 or 6. I’m tired of seeing our current ILBs lost in space.
    I think that a lot of things could break the right way to let White drop. If he could possibly drop to the 8-10 range then a trade up could be in play. A few things I'm looking for:

    -Either Cards or a team who trades up goes QB with the first pick.
    -Rumors of Washington trying to move up into the top 5 pans out. Another unforseen QB going early.
    -NYG forced to go QB at 6 instead of maybe waiting until 17 due to the run on QBs.
    -With other playmakers at sexier positions available, Bucs pass on White for Josh Allen, Quinnen Williams etc.
    -Will a team like Denver try to move up a few spots? Whoever moves back, will they move back again to 20?
    -I've also seen some speculation like Greedy Williams going top 10 - He was routinely mocked that high early in the off-season. Maybe there is still a team or two still valuing him there.
    -Could the Raiders be thinking about something wild like Jacobs at 4? After losing Beast Mode, if they believe he is the one and only first round RB they might be willing to gamble big after sending home the scouts.

  7. #47
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’ve seen some late mocks that have the Steelers taking Rock Ya-Sin. That would be depressing.
    I've seen quite a few with Noah Fant...No way the Steelers are taking a WR...In the FIRST round, Who doesn't block...Just take a much " better " WR then!

  8. #48
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I think that a lot of things could break the right way to let White drop. If he could possibly drop to the 8-10 range then a trade up could be in play. A few things I'm looking for:

    -Either Cards or a team who trades up goes QB with the first pick.
    -Rumors of Washington trying to move up into the top 5 pans out. Another unforseen QB going early.
    -NYG forced to go QB at 6 instead of maybe waiting until 17 due to the run on QBs.
    -With other playmakers at sexier positions available, Bucs pass on White for Josh Allen, Quinnen Williams etc.
    -Will a team like Denver try to move up a few spots? Whoever moves back, will they move back again to 20?
    -I've also seen some speculation like Greedy Williams going top 10 - He was routinely mocked that high early in the off-season. Maybe there is still a team or two still valuing him there.
    -Could the Raiders be thinking about something wild like Jacobs at 4? After losing Beast Mode, if they believe he is the one and only first round RB they might be willing to gamble big after sending home the scouts.
    I think White to TB is a lock.

  9. #49
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    It seems like the consensus top 3 defensive players in this draft are Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, and Josh Allen (in some order).

    So, assuming Kyler Murray goes first, Mayock's first selection as an NFL GM should already be pre-packaged for him.

    Just pick whichever one of Bosa, William, or Allen falls to #4.

    However, I think the curveball the Raiders might have up their sleeve could be Ed Oliver at #4 instead.

    Gruden may see him as a Warren Sapp type of player on the field from their Tampa days together (without being a total anal sphincter off the field like Sapp, though).

    If we were able to trade up to #8 for Devin White, I could see Oakland then packaging one of their late first round picks plus their early second rounder to move up to #9 or #10 ahead of Cincy to get Devin Bush to be their latter day Derrick Brooks type on the 2nd level.

    Then they could use their remaining late first round draft pick to get a hammer at safety such as Johnathan Abram or Taylor Rapp to be their latter day John Lynch in the defensive backfield.

    Gruden uses all of this early round draft capital to try to completely remake the Raider defense in the image of his old team in Tampa.

    On the other hand, he could just split those 4 early picks between the offense and the defense, since both sides of the ball need some help. Something like Josh Allen, Marquise Brown, Josh Jacobs, and Rock Ya-Sin could be an interesting foursome. Would that be better than the Oliver/Bush/Abram attempt at a new Sapp/Brooks/Lynch trio on D?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  10. #50
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I think White to TB is a lock.
    Maybe if the first 4 picks are chalk (K. Murray, N. Bosa, Q. Williams, J. Allen).

    However, if Ed Oliver sneaks into that top 4, or if a team trades up into the top 4 for a QB like Haskins?

    In that case, I think Tampa wouldn't be able to resist someone who could get after the passer like a Quinnen Williams or a Josh Allen over an off-the-ball LB such as Devin White.

    It's also possible that Tampa might be a team in top 5 who is smitten with Ed Oliver themselves after seeing the impact that someone like Aaron Donald has had with the Rams.

    Nothing is a lock yet.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •