Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the 1st Pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Bring back dual pass rushing threats ... mourning for the days of Woodley/Harrison. Made ordinary DBs look respectable.
    Sweat... even the name sounds gritty.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Bring back dual pass rushing threats ... mourning for the days of Woodley/Harrison. Made ordinary DBs look respectable.
    Sweat... even the name sounds gritty.
    I agree with you on that; that's how you help the backend. Makes us nostalgic for those days.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    No way we see Bush unless 3 to 4 QB's go before our pick. I'd like for Bush to fall to us as well.
    Well that's why I said trade up. We won't see Bush sitting at 20.

Bengals may even trade up for White if he falls. That may be the best for us.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe the Steelers move up to grab Devin Bush.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I believe the Steelers move up to grab Devin Bush.
    If we move up to get Bush, then Friday morning, we all submit our new mock drafts to reflect picks given up.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Well that's why I said trade up. We won't see Bush sitting at 20.

Bengals may even trade up for White if he falls. That may be the best for us.
    hmmm, never thought of that.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
    I suspect a trade back or a major slider.

But to give a name. I say they trade back a few positions and take the first Safety off the board. Abram.
    I like your thinking but i'd like to see a deep ball hawking safety which we currently lack....

Taylor Rapp might fit the bill here if we traded down
    Last edited by pittpete; 04-24-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I like your thinking but i'd like to see a deep ball hawking safety which we currently lack....

Taylor Rapp might fit the bill here if we traded down
    I believe Rapp is more of an in-the-box hammer type than a centerfield ball hall type.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

But he's such a sure tackler though......
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Redskins are rumored to be close to trading into the top 5. They want Haskins. That could shake up the first round a little.