Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours and questions leading up to draft?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Rumours and questions leading up to draft?

There was talk of the Jets wanting to trade Lee, any noise there?

What about AZ with Reddick?

I would be willing to give up next years 3rd for any of them.

**** help me out here, If we sign a FA such as Max TE, B-more, after the draft does he count in the formula for next year's comp picks? What other players are in play if that is the case?
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rumor Jets want to trade down badly and the #3 overall pick is up for sale.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Rumor Jets want to trade down badly and the #3 overall pick is up for sale.
    Love to get up there with a crack at White but they want too much.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Love to get up there with a crack at White but they want too much.
    What do they want? Some teams do NOT use trade value chart.

Legend

User Info Menu

Iron, you know they want the usual king’s Ransom to get that high.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Jets did use the Jimmy Johnson trade value chart, it would likely cost 1.20, 2.52, and a 2020 1st round pick as well.

Ain't nobody comfortable paying that.

I'll stick by my original suggestion of 1.20, 2.52, and a 2020 3rd round pick to Detroit or Buffalo if Devin White falls to #8 or #9.

I'm not going any higher than that.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If the Jets did use the Jimmy Johnson trade value chart, it would likely cost 1.20, 2.52, and a 2020 1st round pick as well.

I'll stick by my original suggestion of 1.20, 2.52, and a 2020 3rd round pick to Detroit or Buffalo if Devin White falls to #8 or #9.

Agree. I’m fine with giving up picks this year but not willing to give away our #1 pick for next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

I saw a couple recent mocks having White going #4 (Oakland) or #5 (Tampa). I think our only realistic play is whether it will be worth trading up, and how far, to get Devin Bush.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I saw a couple recent mocks having White going #4 (Oakland) or #5 (Tampa). I think our only realistic play is whether it will be worth trading up, and how far, to get Devin Bush.
    I'm hearing that NYJ and/or OAK might be interested in Ed Oliver. If Oliver goes at #3 or #4, that would push one of Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, or Josh Allen down into Tampa's lap at #5.

In which case, Devin White would slide past #5, and possibly down in the neighborhood of #8 or #9.

The Giants at #6 could certainly use a LB like White at #6, but they appear to have much bigger needs than that. Likely a QB or a pass rusher with their initial pick.

I don't see the Jags going for White at #7 either, since they have Myles Jack and Telvin Smith...they need OL help more than anything, although they could opt for Hockenson there instead.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Agree. I’m fine with giving up picks this year but not willing to give away our #1 pick for next season.
    Yeah, me neither. We've never traded away a future #1 pick, and I highly doubt we start now. But I could see us trading away a future 3rd round pick, since we expect to get another pick at the end of round 3 anyway as compensation for losing Le'Veon Bell.