Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading for Rosen

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Trading for Rosen

First off I am by no means saying that Mason Rudolph is a bust. I think he has a lot to prove at the NFL level. TBD. However if you could trade Rudolph and our 2020 1st for Rosen. Would you? While ultimately I think Arizona will get a 2019 1st round offer, the thought of getting Rudolph (fits Kingsbury system) and a 2020 1st would have to appeal to Arizona. Meanwhile we get a QB who is almost universally graded higher than Rudolph and BB heir apparent.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Giving up a first-round pick for a QB who will likely sit behind Ben for the next 3-4 years? His rookie deal could well be up before he ever takes the field for us. No thanks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Supposedly , there is should be a great class of QB's coming out next year.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Supposedly , there is should be a great class of QB's coming out next year.
    Hopefully we won't be in a position to draft one.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Giving up a first-round pick for a QB who will likely sit behind Ben for the next 3-4 years? His rookie deal could well be up before he ever takes the field for us. No thanks.

Well a 2020 pick isn't playing this year and I would be shocked if Ben were to play (especially well) beyond the 2020 season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would never trade next year's first.

We're an I jury to Ben away from a very high draft pick IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

I tell you what, if the Dolphins would swap their 1st round, 2020 draft pick for our first round 2020 pick and we'd throw in MR, id do that.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think Arizona will be able to get a first for Rosen. I think a second round pick is more likely. However, they could theoretically get a first round pick in return for Rosen if they packaged another pick with him him return.

For example, they might be able to get a late first rounder from the Chargers or Pats if the Cards sent back Rosen and third, or something like that.

I also saw a trade suggestion on ESPN which suggested a trade with Washington. Arizona would get Washington's mid first round pick and Rosen in exchange for Arizona's early 2nd round pick and Case Keenum. Kingsbury was a co-offensive coordinator and QB coach at Houston when Keenum was their QB, so they have worked well together before, and he'd be a quality veteran mentor for Kyler Murray.

Personally, I'm not giving up a prime pick for another QB when we used one just last year and we are not sure what we have with that one yet. Plus, Rosen's demeanor and personality tends to be somewhat off-putting to me, at least from afar.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I tell you what, if the Dolphins would swap their 1st round, 2020 draft pick for our first round 2020 pick and we'd throw in MR, id do that.
    What? The Dolphins are in the process of selling off all of their high priced vets...it looks like they might be tanking right now to be in position to possibly draft Tua Tagovailoa or Justin Herbert or Jake Fromm next year. Why would they want to swap 2020 first round picks in exchange for Mason Freaking Rudolph, when they probably should have a top 5 pick and might even end up with the first overall pick next year???
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What? The Dolphins are in the process of selling off all of their high priced vets...it looks like they might be tanking right now to be in position to possibly draft Tua Tagovailoa or Justin Herbert or Jake Fromm next year. Why would they want to swap 2020 first round picks in exchange for Mason Freaking Rudolph, when they probably should have a top 5 pick and might even end up with the first overall pick next year???
    BOOM!!!