Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trading for Rosen

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Does Crash post here? I see new posters from time to time and wonder if it’s him.
    His writing style is unique and obvious. I haven't seen any recent posts that remind me of that style.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Does Crash post here? I see new posters from time to time and wonder if itís him.
    the last suspected Crash sighting was under the name "BuzzNuter"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I don't understand Arizona wanting to trade Rosen. If they think he's worth a first, then why do they want to trade him to begin with? Shouldn't they be spending their draft fixing the rest of the team around him?
    That's what I was thinking as well, but I think that because they have a new coach they will want a guy that fits his system.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I don't understand Arizona wanting to trade Rosen. If they think he's worth a first, then why do they want to trade him to begin with? Shouldn't they be spending their draft fixing the rest of the team around him?
    This is why bottom feeders remain as such. The owner pushed Klingsbury on them. He insisted on getting the next " Sean McVay". There is nothing really wrong with Rosen; and any team with any sense in the same situation would be trading down and picking up picks to build a team around Rosen.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-22-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

If Cardinals trade Josh Rosen, what can they get?

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2019, 6:05 AM EDT

A year ago, the Cardinals packaged their first-round pick, third-round pick and fifth-round pick to move up in the draft and get quarterback Josh Rosen. His rookie year did not go well. But could things get even worse by the Cardinals trading him for far, far less draft capital than they paid to get him?

If the Cardinals select Kyler Murray with the first overall pick, that obviously means they believe Murray is their quarterback of the future, and Rosen is not. Which would presumably put Rosen on the trade block, where there’s no way the Cardinals would get back the value of picks they traded away for him last year.

Peter King suggests today that the Cardinals may settle for a third-round pick for Rosen, perhaps No. 78 overall from the Dolphins. Having to settle for just a third after spending a first, a third and a fifth on him last year would not reflect well on Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim’s decision-making.

However, a previous report from Joel Klatt of FOX said that the Cardinals have already turned down a second-round pick and are holding out for a first. If that’s the case, there’s no way they’ll take a third.

The best option for the Cardinals, assuming they take Murray may be just to keep Rosen as Murray’s backup. He’s due only $6.19 million over the next three years, which makes him cheap by backup quarterback standards. And it would be easier for Keim to spin his decision as, “Now we’ve got two talented young quarterbacks” than, “Last year I traded away a one, a three and a 5, and this year I’m getting only a three back.” Rosen and Murray may just be teammates this year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/22/if-cardinals-trade-josh-rosen-what-can-they-get/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The knock on Rosen is he doesnít buy in until you answer all of his questions.

Thatís great in a lot of industries but it rarely works in football unless you have the right fit.

Coaches and GMís have too much on the line for some kid to keep asking why.

Not sure if that is what happened here or if they are just a terrible organization.

Also havenít watched Rosen at all to see if he is any good at the pro level.

This could be a Geoff type deal where he has talent but everyone else is sub par.

Legend

User Info Menu

Miami Dolphins:

4/22: No team in the NFL has spent more time in recent weeks researching Josh Rosen than the Dolphins. - Peter King, NBC

Rosen in South Beach sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. However, if the Dolphins can get away with giving up just a third-round pick for him, it might be worth it.

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/teamdraft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Miami Dolphins:

4/22: No team in the NFL has spent more time in recent weeks researching Josh Rosen than the Dolphins. - Peter King, NBC

Rosen in South Beach sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. However, if the Dolphins can get away with giving up just a third-round pick for him, it might be worth it.

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/teamdraft
    Dolphins and Skins were always the teams who I thought would be in play for him.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Incorrect. Totally incorrect. Rosen's price will go up because teams who miss on getting their guy will come calling. They will likely get a first for him...but maybe not in the 2019 draft.
    the Cards got pick #62 in this draft (very late second) and a 5th round selection next year in 2020 for Rosen.