Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: We are a week away from the draft; Give me your final Mock draft for rounds 1-5

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    We are a week away from the draft; Give me your final Mock draft for rounds 1-5

    Okay, there have been mock drafts flying around for the last 3 weeks. But we are a week away now from the draft and everyone should have a better feel for where guys should fall. Let's assume there are no trade ups for our team; Give me your mock for our first six picks. Remember, we have two third round picks so your picks will be going as far as rounds 1-5 only. Let's see who can hit on as many picks in our top six picks. Let's have some fun.

    Here's my mock for our first six picks:

    1st round....Devin Bush; OLB; Michigan
    2nd round...Deionte Thompson; Safty; Alabama
    3rd round....Germaine Pratt; OLB; NC State
    3rd round....Foster Monreau; TE; LSU
    4th round....David Sills; WR; West Virginia
    5th round.... Isiah Prince; OT; Ohio St.

    : Disclaimer...if Bush is gone in the first round, I think we take the best offensive lineman on the board because of the value.

    I took two linebackers out of the first four picks because of our use of so many sub packages that to make them effective it's going to require speed from more then one linebacker and Pratt has that speed to pair up with Bush.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  2. #2
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Burns OLB
    Rock Ya Sin CB
    Savage S/ CB
    Pratt ILB
    Montgomery RB
    Sills WR

    DENFENSE..With a focus on pass defense! Then a lil O

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Okay, there have been mock drafts flying around for the last 3 weeks. But we are a week away now from the draft and everyone should have a better feel for where guys should fall. Let's assume there are no trade ups for our team; Give me your mock for our first six picks. Remember, we have two third round picks so your picks will be going as far as rounds 1-5 only. Let's see who can hit on as many picks in our top six picks. Let's have some fun.

    Here's my mock for our first six picks:

    1st round....Devin Bush; OLB; Michigan
    2nd round...Deionte Thompson; Safty; Alabama
    3rd round....Germaine Pratt; OLB; NC State
    3rd round....Foster Monreau; TE; LSU
    4th round....David Sills; WR; West Virginia
    5th round.... Isiah Prince; OT; Ohio St.

    : Disclaimer...if Bush is gone in the first round, I think we take the best offensive lineman on the board because of the value.

    I took two linebackers out of the first four picks because of our use of so many sub packages that to make them effective it's going to require speed from more then one linebacker and Pratt has that speed to pair up with Bush.
    Not bad. I also agree with taking BPA as OL in Round 1 versus a reach for CB, S or LB. I would also consider WR or DL because I think the talent will be there at #20

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I'm going with 6 guys who were all included in our total of 30 allotted team visits (well, technically, since one of the guys I chose was actually considered to be a local player, WVU ILB David Long, his visit did not count against the 30...but he did visit nonetheless).

    1. CB Byron Murphy, Washington
    2. S Darnell Savage, Maryland
    3a. WR Miles Boykin, Notre Dame
    3b. TE Josh Oliver, San Jose State
    4. ILB David Long, West Virginia
    5. OLB Ben Banogu, Texas Christian
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  5. #5
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not bad. I also agree with taking BPA as OL in Round 1 versus a reach for CB, S or LB. I would also consider WR or DL because I think the talent will be there at #20
    How come I don't get a not bad.....

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Burns OLB
    Rock Ya Sin CB
    Savage S/ CB
    Pratt ILB
    Montgomery RB
    Sills WR

    DENFENSE..With a focus on pass defense! Then a lil O
    Not bad....

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    How come I don't get a not bad.....
    I thought yours was pretty stinkin' awesome actually!

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Burns OLB
    Rock Ya Sin CB
    Savage S/ CB
    Pratt ILB
    Montgomery RB
    Sills WR

    DENFENSE..With a focus on pass defense! Then a lil O
    There's a decent chance Burns falls to us. That would be tremendous value if he did. If Bush were gone and we went Burns, who wouldn't be happy with that?? He's got a mean streak in him too from what I read.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    1) Lawrence- keep our DL fresh in 3-4, and keep our ILB free and then can flex to a 4-3
    2) Layne- need competition for Nelson and maybe move Nelson over Hilton.
    3) Wilson- he is going to drop. There is going to be a run on WR, CB and OL in the second.
    3) Boykin- WR
    4) Sills-WR- too much love by the Steeler brass to pass
    5) Moreau-TE

    In short we, we focus on solidifing our weakness- the middle of the D.

    And then we go post AB and JJ and focus on giving Ben more weapons.

    It looks like a dull mock... no stars!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."



  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    1) Lawrence- keep our DL fresh in 3-4, and keep our ILB free and then can flex to a 4-3
    2) Layne- need competition for Nelson and maybe move Nelson over Hilton.
    3) Wilson- he is going to drop. There is going to be a run on WR, CB and OL in the second.
    3) Boykin- WR
    4) Sills-WR- too much love by the Steeler brass to pass
    5) Moreau-TE

    In short we, we focus on solidifing our weakness- the middle of the D.

    And then we go post AB and JJ and focus on giving Ben more weapons.

    It looks like a dull mock... no stars!
    That's the boldest mock so far.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •