Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We are a week away from the draft; Give me your final Mock draft for rounds 1-5

Legend

User Info Menu

Is every thread going to descend into a personal he said she said, I’m better than you because so and so is on ignore type thread?

Just checking in case I need to ignore every post from now on..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Banned

User Info Menu

Chad, he follows me around looking for trouble. I’m just talking football. He’s obsessed with me.

Legend

User Info Menu

No. You’re both just as bad
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Banned

User Info Menu

Chad, I just want to talk football. I won’t respond to Ruth and his co-conspirators. I apologize for Ruth and his buddies.

Banned

User Info Menu

Let me tweek up my mock based on new information; Ill probably tweek one more time on draft morning.

1. Devin Bush-ILB-Michigan
    2. Darnell Savage-S- Maryland
    3. Chase Winovich-DE- Michigan
    3. Miles Boykin-WR- Notre Dame
    4. Foster Monreau- TE- LSU
    5. Ulysees Gilbert-OLB-Akron
    6. Dennis Daley-OT- South Carolina
    6. Gary Johnson-OLB-Texas
    6. Jordan Scarlett-RB-Florida
    7. Dillion Mitchell-WR- Oregon

Backup

User Info Menu

I think the Steelers will trade back more than once with their top three picks. It’s the next evolution in their team building ways imo. I think round 1 becomes round one and plus. And round two becomes round two and plus.

I think this because I believe they view a logjam of very good talent from 15 ish to 35ish. And I think QBs will slide this year which is not to the Steelers benefit.

Additionally, I don’t think the players they really covet will be available. ILB.

ID LOVE to see them draft a major stud sliding interior dline and play much more true base 4. If a stud or two slide as possible and predicted with greater frequency. Snag.

Ultimately this teams identity is better served drafting a stud interior dline and playing almost exclusive heavy nickel packages and light nickels and dimes. I think with a sliding dline and a second round safety or corner this team can better max out Both the current starting safeties (especially Davis) and both high profile recent FA additions. In addition I still believe Burns could be very good in subpsckage nickels and dimes. This team needs to go heavy and talented on the dline exercising a true 4 staple. Let the rest of the guys fly around and move the launch point of the great QB.

I also think they will get more out of their OLB and particularly you know who, in subpackage football for him. Could maximize him. He’s much better in chase and straight lines. Which a powerful and heavy front four forces. They would have the talent to demand teams play perimeter football in a hurry.

I truly hope we get a sliding stud interior dlineman for many reasons.
    Last edited by dreegking; 04-24-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Banned

User Info Menu

I fully expect them to take an edge guy somewhere in the 3rd round at least; if not sooner. Gotta take some advantage of a draft that has a ton of DL help available.

Banned

User Info Menu

Okay..we traded up for Bush. So everyone who selected Bush with our first pick is considered 1 for 1. Let's re-mock based on what we have before tonight's rounds two & three.

First round... Devin Bush; ILB ; Michigan
    Third round...Deionte Thompson; FS; Alabama
    Third round..Chase Winovich; DE; MIchigan

I'm staying with my guys here but I could see us easily taking a cornerback ( like Justin Layne) with our first third round pick instead.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Okay..we traded up for Bush. So everyone who selected Bush with our first pick is considered 1 for 1. Let's re-mock based on what we have before tonight's rounds two & three.

First round... Devin Bush; ILB ; Michigan
    Third round...Deionte Thompson; FS; Alabama
    Third round..Chase Winovich; DE; MIchigan

I'm staying with my guys here but I could see us easily taking a cornerback ( like Justin Layne) with our first third round pick instead.
    Give me:
    3a. OLB Chase Winovich (what's better than one Michigan linebacker? Two Michigan linebackers!)
    3b. WR Miles Boykin (tall, fast wideout to take the top off of defenses, opening things up underneath)
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Give me:
    3a. OLB Chase Winovich (what's better than one Michigan linebacker? Two Michigan linebackers!)
    3b. WR Miles Boykin (tall, fast wideout to take the top off of defenses, opening things up underneath)
    Do you think Boykin lasts until our second 3rd rounder? Only 2 WR's off the board in the first round. I have a feeling there will be a bit of a run on them in the 2nd. I'm starting the think we may need to snag him at 3a in order to get him.