Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: SKL 1st and Final 2019 Mock 2 Way go rounds 1-3

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I think we would love to take Marquise Brown or Hakeem Butler but neither will be there for our 2nd pick. I love what JJ Arcega Whiteside brings to the table. Especially in the red zone. KNeal Harry and Andy Isabella also are intriguing. I think Tomlin has a man crush on Sills (the anti AB) and Jennings is very much on the table.
    Hollywood Brown is talented no doubt, but after the contentious divorce from Antonio Brown this offseason, I don't foresee us targeting his cousin immediately thereafter, because if the kid needs advice, he's going to have AB in his ear.

    I think N'Keal Harry is a more complete receiver and comes off the board before Hakeem Butler. I see Harry being picked in the late 1st or early second range, while Butler may be more like mid to late 2nd round area. I think we'll have a shot at Butler if we want him at 52, but Harry might already be gone 15-20 picks before that.

    I like Arcega-Whiteside because he should be a beast in the red zone, but he doesn't have that speed factor like Butler or Boykin, though. He can box out DB's for jump balls in the end zone like an elite NBA rebounder though. I think his game could be similar to Vincent Jackson (SD & TB) once upon a time. If we don't take Butler in the 2nd, targeting Boykin in the 3rd instead, I think JJAW could be a reasonable alternative if someone snatches Boykin before we can grab him with one of our 3rd round picks.

    Isabella is a player, but he's a slot guy and although he could certainly be a potential upgrade over Eli Rogers or Ryan Switzer, I think it's somewhat of a redundant skill set to what we already have. I'm looking for a different type of animal from what we already have in our WR corps.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Hollywood Brown is talented no doubt, but after the contentious divorce from Antonio Brown this offseason, I don't foresee us targeting his cousin immediately thereafter, because if the kid needs advice, he's going to have AB in his ear.

    I think N'Keal Harry is a more complete receiver and comes off the board before Hakeem Butler. I see Harry being picked in the late 1st or early second range, while Butler may be more like mid to late 2nd round area. I think we'll have a shot at Butler if we want him at 52, but Harry might already be gone 15-20 picks before that.

    I like Arcega-Whiteside because he should be a beast in the red zone, but he doesn't have that speed factor like Butler or Boykin, though. He can box out DB's for jump balls in the end zone like an elite NBA rebounder though. I think his game could be similar to Vincent Jackson (SD & TB) once upon a time. If we don't take Butler in the 2nd, targeting Boykin in the 3rd instead, I think JJAW could be a reasonable alternative if someone snatches Boykin before we can grab him with one of our 3rd round picks.

    Isabella is a player, but he's a slot guy and although he could certainly be a potential upgrade over Eli Rogers or Ryan Switzer, I think it's somewhat of a redundant skill set to what we already have. I'm looking for a different type of animal from what we already have in our WR corps.
    I love K'neal Henry. Guys makes unbelievable catches and wins fights for the ball. Tremendous body control.

    That's why I posted the question the other day about trading up in Round 1 or 2. You may be able to trade up in Round 2 for much less and get Henry

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    If we do not take a WR on the first two days of the draft (using those early picks to address our LB corps, the secondary, maybe a TE, or possibly even one of those top RB prospects), I could easily see us using one of our first two picks on day three on one of the Mountaineer wideouts Sills or Jennings. Another intriguing option around then could be Keelan Doss.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

    I like Arcega-Whiteside because he should be a beast in the red zone, but he doesn't have that speed factor like Butler or Boykin, though. He can box out DB's for jump balls in the end zone like an elite NBA rebounder though. I think his game could be similar to Vincent Jackson (SD & TB) once upon a time. If we don't take Butler in the 2nd, targeting Boykin in the 3rd instead, I think JJAW could be a reasonable alternative if someone snatches Boykin before we can grab him with one of our 3rd round picks.
    I listened to an interview with JJAW and he said his Mom was a really good basketball player and taught him how to post up and box out defenders for jump balls.

  5. #25
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I listened to an interview with JJAW and he said his Mom was a really good basketball player and taught him how to post up and box out defenders for jump balls.
    Is this his mother?

    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I love K'neal Henry.
    This has to be another example of the Mandela effect. I also have to fight the urge to say "K'Neal Henry" even though it is actually "N'Keal Harry" instead. Seems like "Henry" is more like an NFL player last name (Chris Henry, Derrick Henry, Hunter Henry, Travis Henry, etc.), and Harry is more of a first name that is rarely seen as a last name. And maybe K'Neal looks right to us draftniks and NFL fans because we are familiar with current Falcon safety Keanu Neal, whose name could be abbreviated as K. Neal. Weird, eh?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    JJAW is almost unstoppable on back shoulder throws and fade routes. That and deceptive sub 4.5 speed. I have to admit getting him in the 3rd would be sweet.





  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Well, it would be interesting to have JJSS and JJAW as our JJWRs.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    There is another WR that hits a bunch of the measurable targets..

    What is everyone’s take on Parris Campbell?
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

    Fix the Run Defence Mode:

    1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    There is another WR that hits a bunch of the measurable targets..

    What is everyone’s take on Parris Campbell?
    I like his game, but I think 20 is too high for him and he should be gone before 52.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •