Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is an excellent mock draft
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

I fully agree on Waring. And I also agree Bush will be the most realistic Steeler pick. With that said, I do think we will have to trade up to get him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think they pick a WR before there 5th pick.

Backup

User Info Menu

Nice draft--I'll take it.

I think the WR talent in Rounds 3-5 is really good, and it depends on what you're looking for, what you like. Big, fast, technician...a number of each type available. I like what Emmanuel Hall of Missou could bring us--fast with good height. Takes the top off to free our underneath guys.

Legend

User Info Menu

How deep was the 2010 draft suppose to be when we drafted Brown?
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    Nice draft--I'll take it.

I think the WR talent in Rounds 3-5 is really good, and it depends on what you're looking for, what you like. Big, fast, technician...a number of each type available. I like what Emmanuel Hall of Missou could bring us--fast with good height. Takes the top off to free our underneath guys.
    I like Gary Jennings Jr.

the Steelers scheduled a private workout with him and he can play any of the WR spots.

Legend

User Info Menu

Weird thing about Sills is he is the anti-athlete that the Steelers tend to look for at WR, yet we hear that they love him as a player.

Colour Chadman unconvinced
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Weird thing about Sills is he is the anti-athlete that the Steelers tend to look for at WR, yet we hear that they love him as a player.

Yeah he's anti-athlete but man, his productivity in college can't be just totally dismissed.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

I think they go after a big, fast guy on day two of the draft. Size and speed will be at a premium even if they don't have the best hands or run the crispest routes. The goal is to find someone who is capable of taking the top off the defense, thereby opening things up underneath for Conner, Vance, Juju, Moncrief, Washington, Rogers, Switzer, etc.

Ben has been begging for a guy like this ever since Plaxico left. They seemed to have found it in Martavis Bryant when he wasn't suspended (problem was he was suspended nearly as much as he was available). We might be able to get him somebody like this again, except without the ongoing drug issues. I think Hakeem Butler or Miles Boykin fit the prototype of what we may be looking for in a wide out next week.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think we would love to take Marquise Brown or Hakeem Butler but neither will be there for our 2nd pick. I love what JJ Arcega Whiteside brings to the table. Especially in the red zone. KNeal Harry and Andy Isabella also are intriguing. I think Tomlin has a man crush on Sills (the anti AB) and Jennings is very much on the table.