Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not an Optimistic Take on the Middle of our D

Legend

User Info Menu

My hope is we address the linebacker position with two picks within our first four picks. Pratt is my guy in the 3rd round. And I’d like to have some insurance on Barron so I’d love to use an upper pick also on an ILB as well.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The err in thinking is assuming because of someone’s cap number that their starting position is secure. If we draft a Devin he will start from day 1, cap hit or no cap hit.
    They better pull out all the stops to get a Devin or it’s going to be a rough go at ILB once again for the upcoming season. Can anyone stomach seeing VW in coverage ten yards downfield? (I use the term coverage loosely)

Legend

User Info Menu

VW is a back up. Not a starter.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Maybe we will really see more 4-3 this season since it takes away the need for two ILBs.
    it changes the need to THREE... OLBs in a 3-4 are more edge rushers, but, the 2 ILBs are more like the 3 LBs in a 4-3... switching hurts more than it helps at this point.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree, just like Jon Bostic.

Legend

User Info Menu

He is deemed a starter only because the first play of a game tends to be a run down.

But there should be a spot reserved for him on the bench during all passing downs.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the Williams contract was a big overpay and many people said so at the time

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the Williams contract was a big overpay and many people said so at the time
    Yep. I like Vince as a rotational piece, but he's poor in coverage and not all that in run support (he is a very good blitzer). To give him starter/3-down LB money was a mistake, and sort of limits our options now.

Legend

User Info Menu

I still envision him getting trucked by Fournette in the playoffs.