Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Ben versus Tomlin- Both deserve credit AND blame

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Wheres NORTH......dudes got that strawman pic.
    How about this one?



    This is my favorite looking one, but it's nice to have the description of what it means in the image too.

    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 04-14-2019 at 09:52 AM.

  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    What makes you think we liked you to start with?
    (Spoken in the tone of a condescending intellectual)

    My dear sir, it appears you miss the very essence of the lyrical masterpiece I have shared.
    Do you not realize that the entire point of the composition PRESUPPOSES that said singer was "unappreciated" (NOT liked) to start with.
    Therefore, application of the song to myself implies that my original contention was in fact "not liked".

    With the aid of the artist "Kool Mo Dee" I thus contend that the passage of time has in fact, proved my contention correct.

    In the spirit of uninhibited braggadocio I proclaim my intellectual victory with the cleverly worded yet grammatically incorrect expression-
    "How you like me NOW."
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-14-2019 at 11:01 AM.

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    (Spoken in the tone of a condescending intellectual)

    My dear sir, it appears you miss the very essence of the lyrical masterpiece I have shared.
    Do you not realize that the entire point of the composition PRESUPPOSES that said singer was "unappreciated" (NOT liked) to start with.
    Therefore.....application of the song to myself implies that my original contention was in fact unappreciated.

    With the aid of the artist "Kool Mo Dee" I thus contend that the passage of time has in fact, proved my contention correct.

    In the spirit of uninhibited braggadocio I proclaim my intellectual victory with the cleverly worded yet grammatically incorrect expression...."how you like me NOW."
    As a condescending intellectual, I resent your tone!

  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    As a condescending intellectual, I resent your tone!
    If you actually knew the meaning of the expression "condescending intellectual" (clearly cut and pasted from from my post like a trained baboon) you would not take offense at my comments.

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    If you actually knew the meaning of the expression "condescending intellectual" (clearly cut and pasted from from my post like a trained baboon) you would not take offense at my comments.
    I'm probably missing something here, but just to be sure: I'm not actually offended just trying to play along.

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'm probably missing something here, but just to be sure: I'm not actually offended just trying to play along.

    Really North? Are you that dense?

    Do you fail to grasp that my superior intellect makes it easy for me to understand your pathetic attempt at humor?

    Must I ALWAYS include a little picture of a smiley face just so your child like mind can understand that I KNOW YOU ARE JUST PLAYING ALONG and that I was not serious in my reply?

    OK here you go
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-14-2019 at 12:07 PM.

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Really North? Are you that dense?

    Do you fail to grasp that my superior intellect makes it easy for me to understand your pathetic attempt at humor?

    Must I ALWAYS include a little picture of a smiley face just so your child like mind can understand that I KNOW YOU ARE JUST PLAYING ALONG and that I was not serious in my reply?

    OK here you go
    I do like smiley faces...

  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    (Spoken in the tone of a condescending intellectual)

    My dear sir, it appears you miss the very essence of the lyrical masterpiece I have shared.
    Do you not realize that the entire point of the composition PRESUPPOSES that said singer was "unappreciated" (NOT liked) to start with.
    Therefore, application of the song to myself implies that my original contention was in fact "not liked".

    With the aid of the artist "Kool Mo Dee" I thus contend that the passage of time has in fact, proved my contention correct.

    In the spirit of uninhibited braggadocio I proclaim my intellectual victory with the cleverly worded yet grammatically incorrect expression-
    "How you like me NOW."
    O K you win ( thanks for the smiley ) I must confess though that I didn’t listen to the song.
    Last edited by fordfixer; 04-14-2019 at 03:48 PM.

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    O K you win ( thanks for the smiley ) I must confess though that I didn’t listen to the song.
    I prefer "How You Like Me Now?" by The Heavy.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I do like smiley faces...
    who doesn't?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •