Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Ben versus Tomlin- Both deserve credit AND blame

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Does he get equal credit for creating vs allowing?
    yes...............
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  2. #12
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Based on? Because our 13-3 season, on paper that regular season, it looked like we had a decent pass defense but in reality we faced only two legit QB's in Brady and Stafford..and both tore us up in yardage..

    My point is numbers can be deceiving; sometimes digging an extra layer or two tells a different tale.
    Iíll take yards all day over points allowed.

    Stafford lit us up but couldnít get in the end zone. Pretty sure we had 2 GL stops against them.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I’ll take yards all day over points allowed.

    Stafford lit us up but couldn’t get in the end zone. Pretty sure we had 2 GL stops against them.
    Welcome to the new NFL...where yards come cheap.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Also you do know (since we debated this) that I was probably THE ONLY ONE ON THIS FORUM, who did NOT want to give Brown his big money deal.

    How ya like me now?
    What makes you think we liked you to start with?

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Based on? Because our 13-3 season, on paper that regular season, it looked like we had a decent pass defense but in reality we faced only two legit QB's in Brady and Stafford..and both tore us up in yardage..

    My point is numbers can be deceiving; sometimes digging an extra layer or two tells a different tale.
    Sometimes they are decieving. In this case they are not. I did the work, if you wanna make a case that my facts aren't valid you gotta "dig deeper" than some irrelevant comment about 2017 when nobody contends our pass defense was great.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Disagree Cap,

    Blake Bortles in the 4th qtr of our playoff game, where he scored 17 points says hello.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-14-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  7. #17
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Disagree Cap,

    Blake Bortles in the 4th qtr of our playoff game, where he scored 17 points says hello.
    You are doing it again

    Cap just said he didn’t call our 2017 pass defense great so pointing out 2017 is irrelevant.

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Disagree Cap,

    Blake Bortles in the 4th qtr of our playoff game, where he scored 17 points says hello.
    What does that have to do with Tomlins league leading pass defenses. 2017 was not one of those seasons.
    You are GREAT at winning aguments people arent making my friend.

    If what you are saying is that this proves you sometimes need to "dig deeper" no argument.

    Just "dig deeper" in those years we were actually number one, rather than use an irrelevant example.
    Fact is YOU CANT because if you dig deeper in those seasons......you will only find MORE backing for my contention.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-14-2019 at 09:29 AM.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    You are doing it again

    Cap just said he didn’t call our 2017 pass defense great so pointing out 2017 is irrelevant.

    Wheres NORTH......dudes got that strawman pic.

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Dig deeper?
    NO TEAM IN HISTORY has been number 1 in defensively in total yards, rush yards, pass yards, and (most importantly) scoring. It has NEVER happened.

    The closest team EVER to ranking first in those 4 categories in one season?

    2008 Steelers:
    Number one in total yardage D, scoring D, passing D, and number 2 in rushing D by a mere 50 yards.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •