Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Spinthenfall

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Everyone is missing Mendenhall's point. He attempted to deliver it in a very stupid way
    This seems to be the story of Mendenhall's life re: delivering social commentary.

  2. #22
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Itís football. Mendenhall is having an elevated conversation that doesnít play well to the average football fan.

    They see racist and run with it.
    I don't really consider inciteful narrative = elevated conversation.

    The fact is calling someone a racist today is pretty f'ing nuclear. It doesn't make him erudite.

    And how condescending is it by calling people who it doesn't play well with an "average football fan."

    It doesn't play well with me...because it's divisive, antagonistic, and does the exact opposite of encouraging dialog.

    First/Last I am going to say on any of this crap. I am sick tired of the whole thing. AB is POS, LB is a POS, and I am sure Ben ain' t a walk in the park. None of them walk on water.

    I just want to root for the Steelers. I really don't care about guaranteed contracts and who is the most self-righteous.

    brothervad

  3. #23
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    I don't really consider inciteful narrative = elevated conversation.

    The fact is calling someone a racist today is pretty f'ing nuclear. It doesn't make him erudite.

    And how condescending is it by calling people who it doesn't play well with an "average football fan."

    It doesn't play well with me...because it's divisive, antagonistic, and does the exact opposite of encouraging dialog.

    First/Last I am going to say on any of this crap. I am sick tired of the whole thing. AB is POS, LB is a POS, and I am sure Ben ain' t a walk in the park. None of them walk on water.

    I just want to root for the Steelers. I really don't care about guaranteed contracts and who is the most self-righteous.

    brothervad
    Everyone is offended by everything these days.

  4. #24
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Itís football. Mendenhall is having an elevated conversation that doesnít play well to the average football fan.

    They see racist and run with it.
    It's not even elevated. It was a stupid way to make a stupid point, IMO.

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Mendenhall didnít fumble away the SB but I guess that type of talk is why he is critical of Steeler fans. LOL

    Does this mean AB was correct when he said JuJu fumbled away our season?
    In a way, Juju did fumble away the season, though at that point, we still had a chance to make the playoffs. It was a critical fumble at a critical time, as was Mendenhall's. And AB tweeting about it the way he did makes him the a$$hole of the year. Good for him.

    What's ironic is that AB uses Juju's critical fumble (an unintentional mistake), essentially as a reason Juju shouldn't be voted MVP. And yet, when we still had a chance at the playoffs, AB decides to QUIT, a very INTENTIONAL A-hole move.

    AB is a miserable excuse for a human being IMO.

  6. #26
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    It's not even elevated. It was a stupid way to make a stupid point, IMO.
    True. I was being lazy when I used the word elevated.

  7. #27
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    In a way, Juju did fumble away the season, though at that point, we still had a chance to make the playoffs. It was a critical fumble at a critical time, as was Mendenhall's. And AB tweeting about it the way he did makes him the a$$hole of the year. Good for him.

    What's ironic is that AB uses Juju's critical fumble (an unintentional mistake), essentially as a reason Juju shouldn't be voted MVP. And yet, when we still had a chance at the playoffs, AB decides to QUIT, a very INTENTIONAL A-hole move.

    AB is a miserable excuse for a human being IMO.
    We have no idea what happens if JuJu didn’t fumble. Someone else may have ended up being the fall guy if we didn’t score or win that game.

    I’m not a fan of blaming a whole game or whole season on one play.. unless it’s the Pats.

  8. #28
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    True. I was being lazy when I used the word elevated.
    And I get why the point is lost on many people because it's a point that hardly even applies, where AB is concerned. Mendenhall is basically saying that anyone can say or report anything about anyone and just by saying it, that doesn't make it true.

    But what people are saying about AB isn't just made up. It's in direct response to some of the most absurd, unprofessional behavior we've seen in sports.

  9. #29
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    We have no idea what happens if JuJu didn’t fumble. Someone else may have ended up being the fall guy if we didn’t score or win that game.

    I’m not a fan of blaming a whole game or whole season on one play.. unless it’s the Pats.
    Completely agree. Just like you can't put all the blame on a kicker who misses a game-winning field goal in the final seconds. The only thing you can really label Juju's fumble, is a critical fumble at a critical time. AB is the one who chose to label it as a season-ending fumble.

  10. #30
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Everyone is offended by everything these days.
    Felt/oh wow (I wish they could give you your old moniker back),

    This coupled with your comment about "you were being lazy..." when you typed "elevated" is making my point.

    I am going to assume that Mr. Mendenhall is a relatively intelligent young man. So given that assumption your point above about being offended as well as his lazy attempt to start a dialog...might have seemed good in theory but sucked in execution.


    He waited 3 hours before tweeting again...He very well knows the society and social media morays. if he wanted to get his point across he could've a) started with a disclaimer or B) post right after the first post within seconds stating what he stated 3 hours later.

    I am not sure you were referring to me when saying "offended". I am not offended, but I will call BS (IMO) when I see it.

    What he did was sloppy and did nothing to add to any narrative whatsoever.

    I apologize for responding again on this as I stated my first would be my last. But I felt obligated to explain to you why I thought it was BS and that I was not offended...just found it not to be "elevated" IMO.

    Brothervad

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •